Years ago

Kareem Diagnosed with Leukaemia

Kareem Diagnosed with Leukaemia

From BBC Sport:

"Basketball great Kareem Abdul-Jabbar has revealed that he is being treated for a rare form of leukaemia.

The 62-year-old, the NBA's all-time leading scorer, was diagnosed with chronic myeloid leukaemia last December but insists his prognosis is positive."

Full article: http://linky.com.au/ss3rg

Topic #21565 | Report this topic

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I saw an interview with him this morning on ESPN.

He is quite a strong man with a strong will. He'll fight this all the way and defeat it. He also understands he's in the public eye and plans to increase the awareness ot Leukaemia.

All the best to Kareem in the biggest fight of his life. I know he'll knock it out, I have faith and I believe.

Reply #256859 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Wow. I'm sure with hs big heart and will he will fight all the way and prove to be a great role model for others who are fighting the same illness.

Reply #256867 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

I have a feeling this is uncureable but treatabe. Bad news.

Reply #256902 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

*treatable

Reply #256903 | Report this post

We Love LA  
Years ago

Was privileged to be able to be at Kareem's last regular season game at the Forum. Even though I was only a few rows from the back the memory will last forever. Complete with rocking chair ceremony, many "Magic" assists, Jack Nicholson in a white tux and a skyhook for good measure. Wish the Big Fella all the best...

Reply #256921 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:05 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754