rumor mill
Years ago

Buying juniors...

Rumor has it that a certain club (with no stadium) has paid the fees and given a uniform to 2 juniors from another club if they came across.

Tut, tut, tut, doesn't seem very ethical.

Topic #2157 | Report this topic

Doddobird  
Years ago

And that is the first time that has happened. What club are you from, and I tell you some poaching stories that never happened. Not that I believe its right and I would not do it, but donĀ“t single one club out.

Reply #24396 | Report this post

white honky  
Years ago

half their luck - looking at the results in most of their grades - they need the help

every club will bend if they want you

Reply #24455 | Report this post

ladie's man  
Years ago

I brought a woman a fancy meal thinking she would come accross - and it never happened !

Reply #24456 | Report this post

STIP  
Years ago

You are delusional if you think that this has never happened before and will stop happening because you think it is unethical.

There are some very unethical people in some very unethical Clubs and it will always be that way.

If parents out there think that this is unethical, then they won't come to a Club that offers such "incentives" but if their kid is being promised a better div, more court time, while they are saving money, they will more than likely go.

But any Club that supports loyalty from within would never take this sort of action as it promotes dis-loyatly. How do you know that in 2 years time, that kid will not find another similar deal elsewhere?

Reply #24458 | Report this post

if a player transfers just for low fees and a free oufit ? can't say much for their commitment

there would have to be a promise of higher grading at least.

If their club was dinkum - and most are at keeping their kids - they would come to the party financially - if the family was swayed by no fees and free outfit.

I believe in shopping around - but only for a better chance on the court

Reply #24462 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Rumour has it?

Reply #24506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

clubs been doing it for years and will continue to do so

Reply #24508 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:38 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754