DJ Rod
Years ago

Bucks - Are u a believer yet?

The Bucks beat the Denver Nuggets today with ROY candidate, Brandon Jennings, scoring 32pts (14 in the 4th Q), 9assts & 4rebs and Andrew Bogut having another big night, 23pts & 10rebs (13 in the 1st Q)

They are now 4-2 and I know its early but they were picked to be finishing LAST in the East by ESPN experts... i have them making the Playoffs!!!

Are you a believer?

Topic #21578 | Report this topic

DJ Rod  
Years ago

oh and they're leading the Central Division!!!

Reply #257032 | Report this post

Billy!!  
Years ago

and todays game was the first game were they allowed 100 points

Reply #257039 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

Provided Bogut can stay healthy, if they're consistent I can see them making the playoffs this season. The East looks a little stronger this year though they've got their work cut out for them.

Reply #257043 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

What makes it even more amazing (or believable depending on your point of view) is that the Bucks are playing without Michael Redd - and in my opinion playing better team basketball as a result.

Bogut is averaging nearly 20ppg and 10rpg without Redd's presence.

Jennings has been a revelation, Hakim Warrick a find, and Mbah a Moute and Ilyasova continue to emerge.

Reply #257045 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Potential for an 8th place. As long as Bogut especially + the current core of players stay healthy, it's possible.

Definitely playing better without Michael Redd.

Reply #257052 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Do they wait until Redd is injury free then trade him before his contract expires at the end of the season?

I say yes!

Reply #257053 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

There is always 1 team that jumps out to a big start and then gets pulled back - the Bucks will win 30 games this year ...

Reply #257054 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Reply #257056 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

That's gold TC2!

Reply #257057 | Report this post

M0PPA  
Years ago

Let's not forget they have possibly the softest first 10 game schedule out of anybody.

I think they only play 3-4 on the road and about 6 of the games are against teams that will not be playing in the post season. (ie Bobcats, Nets, Warriors, etc).

I'm pretty sure the only potential playoff teams they face in this stretch is Chicago, Denver (which they won) and Chicago again. (There might be one more good team but without looking at the schedule I couldn't tell you).

So they should get out of the gates and be 7 & 3 or the like and then be back to .500 but about thier 20th game of the season.

Not hating on the Bucks but just telling it like it is.

Reply #257059 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

All good point M0ppa.

Truth be told, the stats come from losing Redd. With Jennings emerging, I'd be suggesting that they dump Redd and take on Jennings in his steed next year.

If the team can prove that they're a good calibre for a fair chunk of the Season, I'd make sure that Redd goes on the chopping block for 2010 and use the cap space to recruit a better 2-man, or better yet, stock up on a better bench.

Reply #257063 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

They should have dumped Redd instead of Mo Williams .

Jennings and Mo running combo teamed with Warrick , Mbah , Ilysova on wings would be competitive , if they did secure a strong PF like Brandon Bass or even Landry type and another backup C ( pick and pop type ) to roll with Bogut and Thomas they would be close to be playoff bound .

See if they keep it up , some credit to SS and his defensive regime .

Reply #257070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rod, the Bucks are pathetic, 4-2 is absolutely zilch in an 82-game season. Yeah, yeah can only beat who is on the court but wait until they travel to LA or the Texas triangle, an East Coast swing involving Miami, Orlando and Boston...

These Bucks will finish maybe, 30 and 52. That is providing Bogut remains healthy and Jennings can handle the daily grind.

Tyreke Evans is coming for his MVP.

You know who this is too...

Reply #257092 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

rotate, I reckon Redd and Lebron would have worked pretty sweet as well. Might have been a Bucks v Cavs ECF.

Reply #257097 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

yeah i know who u r anon - a fool... i pity the fool :)

get on the wagon now baby

Reply #257101 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

My biggest fear is when Redd comes back and seeing the dynamics of the team change..

Reply #257119 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

And this from FIBA.com:

Australia center Andrew Bogut had his finest game of the young NBA season with 23 points and 10 rebounds on Wednesday evening to help fire the Milwaukee Bucks past the Denver Nuggets.

The 24-year-old Bogut also dominated on defense, swatting four shots.

He is averaging 15.3 points, 9.2 rebounds and 1.8 blocks per contest.

Link: http://linky.com.au/dhlu8

Reply #257163 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:42 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754