LA Boy
Years ago

Shaq=Howard

Match up today between Shaq and Howard, I don't think any one of them played better than one another. Shaq 10pt 4reb (19min), Howard 11pt 7reb (31min). both with 5 fouls. I really don't think Howard is too much better than Shaq.

Topic #21579 | Report this topic

TC2  
Years ago

Based on one game?

Reply #257069 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

Ya reckon howard is way better then a now days shaq, he just didnt have a good game

Reply #257071 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

look at the games over the last few years, Howard has never really played well against Shaq. I've followed this matchup quite closely over the past. That's why in another thread I also said Howard is definitely not over Shaq even today.

Reply #257072 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

oh yeah suggest you to just pick out any game of this match up and watch it, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Reply #257073 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have no clue what you are talking about. You use the word "I" many times though. You are from the USA "I" presume.

Reply #257091 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Not matching up well against a certain player doesn't mean he's not better than him.

Reply #257098 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

if he ain't better, why can't he dominate over him then? doesn't mean he's not better but doesn't mean he IS better either. everybody always talk about you go to prove yourself, Howard certainly hasn't done so yet against Shaq.

Reply #257114 | Report this post

M0PPA  
Years ago

Is Howard beter than the curent 37 year old version of Shaq? YES.

Is Howard better than Shaq was at his age? NO

Will Howard ever be better than Shaq was in his prime? NO,

BUT, Dwight is only 23 and if he ever get's to play with a perimeter player equivalent to Kobe or D-Wade, who know's what he could accomplish.

37 year old Shaq is only a shadow of his dominant self. He has his moments but he's nearing the end.

Also when talking about Howard's ranking amoungst today's 5 men, it needs to be condered that the 5 spot possible the weakest it's been in terms of talented big men in the NBA for quite sometime.

Reply #257126 | Report this post

M0PPA  
Years ago

Shaq was a dominant big men whilst going against the likes of Ewing, Hakeem, Robinson, etc.

Which big men in the league now are even close to the three guys above?

Howard = No
Kaman = No
Yao = No
Bynum = No
Bogut = No
Dalembert = Hell No
and the list goes on!

Reply #257128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LA Boy the fumes have to be getting to you in lala land.
La Boy = no idea!

Reply #257140 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

Howard may be better, but he's not that much better. that's what I'm trying to say. everyone goes about how strong he is etc. but Shaq's the real deal when it comes to that.

even in the NBA itself there's on-going debate about how much better Howard is than Shaq. It is very arguable. Also have to factor in Shaq's motivation, when he's against guys like Howard he's much more motivated.

BTW Shaq on TV right now, don't seem to me like Jermaine can stop him either.

anon- 5yrs experience as part of coaching staff for 2 NBA teams = no idea? I'm sorry, do you even know LA that well (other than TV portraits) to make comments about LA natives?

Reply #257144 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:11 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754