DJ Rod
Years ago

Julius Hodge interview

Here's an interview with Julius Hodge not long after his first training with the Tigers...

I hope you like the music choices ;)

Topic #21593 | Report this topic

Hems  
Years ago

Wow - he can now hit a jump shot from just in front of the free throw line - must have been doing heeps of work on it!

Reply #257225 | Report this post

Hoops  
Years ago

is it just me or was the first Google add about developing hand strength? maybe Google even thinks Julius is a wanker

Reply #257226 | Report this post

K  
Years ago

hahaha .. nice "jump-shots" .. they were the only ones he hit all training.. with no-one on him just shooting around.. I look like Ray Allen just shooting around...

Reply #257231 | Report this post

Jay-Jay Manners  
Years ago

Wow, this is crazy. He has very few holes in his game but you guys bang on about them every chance you get.

You may not like the guy, and yeah, his jump shot wasn't pretty. But the guy could play. One of the best individual talents the Sixers have ever had.

Reply #257234 | Report this post

Hoops  
Years ago

true but also the biggest cancer the 36ers ever had

Reply #257235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

La-hoooo-z-herrrr !!!

Reply #257236 | Report this post

Hems  
Years ago

JayJay, I agree he is an awesome player, with a heck of a lot of talent. However, the clip made a specific point to say "check out how good his jump shot is now" and he banged some in from not even the free throw line, and even then the last one was far from convincing.

As an individual player, I rate him highly, but if you show a couple of average jump shots from just under the basket, and say "see, look how much his jumper has improved," sorry, but I'm going to hang shit. If he'd been knocking back jumper after jumper from all over the court, then fair enough, but they'd be better of not mentioning it, and just showing him shooting around.

Reply #257237 | Report this post

K  
Years ago

yeah , I'm not hating.. I agree he is a fantastic player... he has been talking up his jump-shot for ages now on his blog and what not .. saying how much it has improved etc... so until he proves us wrong , we can laugh at his so called "improved" jump-shot. I just don't get how he struggles so hard to learn to shoot.

Reply #257238 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

The action to his shot, whether it went in or not, looks much better. I also agree with Jay Jay, everyone no matter how good he is will always try to hate on any minor flaw he has.

Reply #257242 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

"we got spanked the first time we played 'em (Townsville) but now I'm on the team" so what you bloody toss bag.

Hope you get decked.....if you bother showing up!!!

Reply #257245 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Article in today's Herald-Sun: http://linky.com.au/5ur7z

Reply #257248 | Report this post

young money  
Years ago

If he were still with the sixers you would all still be on the Hodge Bandwagon.

Reply #257251 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

If he still played for the Sixers and didn't let his his club, his team and his fans down.....yeah, we probably would still be on the bandwagon - jump shot or no jump shot!

Reply #257252 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Hems - I made the video and added in the 'jumpshot slide' very much tongue in cheek!

same with the music - 'i'm walking away - Craig David' and 'how you like me now - Kool Moe Dee'

Reply #257254 | Report this post

The Brad  
Years ago

To be honest I never thought he was that good a defender. He used to slap the floor to draw attention that he was in a defensive stance and then wouldn't do shit after that, the blokes all show!
GO HOMICIDE!!!

Reply #257256 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Really The Brad? I guess his steals on the point guards for open fast break layups were pure luck.

Reply #257263 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

He's a gambler KJ, like Farley.

Reply #257265 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

Good call X .

Reply #257267 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

And what a tosspot !

Reply #257268 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

He'll need a lot of breathing room to get that jump shot off; doesn't look like a pull up shot.

Going to be interesting to see if Production from Anstey or Wortho will maintain with hodge in the side now.

Rather odd to see the Tigers at the bottom.

Reply #257363 | Report this post

Hems  
Years ago

Thanks DJ - after I re-watched it, I realised it was all badged with Crocs watermarks/logos, so figured it was probably not him talking himself up - this time! But the point still stands :)

Reply #257391 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:10 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754