Hoops
Years ago

Lebron wants everyone to self retire #23

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/11/13/lebron.jersey.ap/index.html

A pretty decent idea IMO

Topic #21595 | Report this topic

nutter  
Years ago

Noticed yesterday that Miami has MJ's number retired in Chicago colours in their stadium, great idea IMO

Reply #257229 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

after he has defamed the number it should be retired so no more tool can disgrace it with utter unsportmansship

Reply #257257 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

I'm sorry, but this guy is a complete tool.

If I'm not going to wear No. 23, then nobody else should be able to wear it.

Reply #257260 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

(That's LeBron who is the complete tool... not the OP!)

Reply #257261 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

I think it's pretty funny because he said earlier in his career that choice of #23 isn't because of MJ. And now he says all this?!?!

as much as I respect and like MJ, I was surprized and not a fan of Heat to retire his number.

Reply #257275 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

More LBJ hype new number new team new jersey next year. League should have something like AFL legends. Something extrotdinary above hall of fame.

Reply #257280 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Why mention Legends in the same sentence as LBJ?

Reply #257283 | Report this post

Matt  
Years ago

I'm surprised no one has put this together and said well of course he can't wear 23 next season if he's signing with the Heat.

Reply #257289 | Report this post

mensa  
Years ago

Lebron still coping up with their loss to the Orlando Magics on Eastern Conf. Finals. since then Lebron struggles how to handle himself in media. from refusing to shake hands with the winning team, to Mike Miller's shoes and then his wish to dunk on george bush. im no longer entertain by his antics

Reply #257319 | Report this post

DaddyO  
Years ago

There is a limit to how far you can go with this singlet retiring nonsense. There are only 100 numbers between 0&99. Once you retire them all what do you do? Use letters? Or address the players by name? "Foul on Mr Jordan" etc

Reply #257500 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Nt a fan of this idea myself...

Reply #257504 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:26 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754