rotateonthis
Years ago

JAWAI to get first career Start in NBA .

Nathan Jawai will make his first career NBA start at C Friday night against the Mavericks.
Jawai will start in place of Al Jefferson, who will miss Friday and Saturday's game at the Grizzlies because of a family illness.

Awesome !

Topic #21596 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

and you know this how?

Reply #257232 | Report this post

K  
Years ago

cos it says so on the net... google jawai start.

Reply #257239 | Report this post

Colin  
Years ago

So far so good !!

Reply #257240 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

yeah good start, joint team high (7pt) and 2 boards.

Reply #257241 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Wowsome! How good is that and he has started off well too!

Who would have thought this would happen at the start of the season?????

Reply #257244 | Report this post

ff  
Years ago

yeah i remember at the start of the season people all dissing him (including me). I thought he'd be rotting in the d-league all year. Really happy! gd on ya Nate

Reply #257247 | Report this post

rayray  
Years ago

Twolves top scorer at the half. Love the boy!!

Reply #257249 | Report this post

rayray  
Years ago

'Jawai Slam Dunk Shot made 10 points' - live update on nba.com

Reply #257255 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I asked the TWolves rep in the Daily Dime live call about Jawai and where he sees his NBA career.

His reply:

Patrick (Howlin' T-Wolf/TrueHoop Network):
He found his way to the right team Bizzy. The Wolves have lots of time and to develop him so we will see just what he can do. Not to mention two guys in Kurt Rambis and Bill Laimbeer to teach him. He's shown flashes of good things so far and should carve himself out a spot as a solid role player off the bench for the Wolves.

Reply #257258 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Jawai had 10 points on 4/9 shooting (2/3 FT), with 4 rebounds and just 2 turnovers in 26min as a starter!

Reply #257326 | Report this post

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

He is definitely playing with more confidence out there - if the lack of missed gimmes is anything to go by. I too am just as surprised by his performances as everybody (echoing ff's comments) else. It would be interesting to see what he can be like once he can get into better game shape.

GO NATE!

Reply #257340 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Jawai started again today! He shot 1/1 from the field for just 2 points, but also 2 rebounds, 2 assists and 1 steal and no turnovers in 25min.

Not heady numbers, but solid nonetheless. Hope he gets another chance to start this week.

Reply #257395 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Looks like he needs to be more selfish and take more shots otherwise he wont be making the most of his opportunity.

Reply #257400 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

That may prove true KingJames. Hwoever he has had a couple of scores over 10 points this season, so one lowly scoring game as what essentially he is - a league rookie - is not so bad.

Reply #257429 | Report this post

aaronbrucefan  
Years ago

yeh well done to him, hes doing well. he deserves it. hope he can keep it up

Reply #257456 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:14 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754