anon
Years ago

Floor Wipers at 36ers games

give those boys 10 out of 10 for effort on Saturday night but PLEASE can somebody at the dome replace that broken useless floor wiper mop with one that actually works - young lad to great crowd response wiping the floor with the disconnected mop head cloth -
get him one that works or at least a decent size towel - well done young fellow.

Also brownie points to the carparkers in that heat - you guys doing fantastic job

smooth operators
SOS love ya

Topic #21608 | Report this topic

Skud  
Years ago

I agree with the above but Im fed up with the sound guys putting on music hassling the floor wipers. They are doing what the refs tell them, and with the way those guys refs it must be bloody confusing

Reply #257392 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Skud I'm pretty sure they put the advertisement music on when the floor wipes come on for the purpose of advertising. So not sure what you are on about?

Reply #257398 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Skip sometimes uses that 'mall-music' or "cleanup on aisle 5" but I certainly don't see either as an attack on the actual floor-wiper. It's funny.

Reply #257401 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Those mops are useless.

New ones please - get a deal from Enjo

Reply #257406 | Report this post

Grainer  
Years ago

i certainly wont by my wipers from sprint auto parts...

Reply #257408 | Report this post

Hulkamaniacs  
Years ago

being a former floor sweeper well done boys. Anyone notice the far end floor sweeper looked a lot like a junior Lanard Copeland?

Reply #257411 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

yeah right - sponsors demand a better product please to feature your advertising
sprint sauto parts a great sponsor and suporter but man thaose floor wiper mops ae likwe 100,000 K plus wind screen wipers well over dues for the rubbish bin
i am leading the call better floor wiper mops thats what we want NOW

Reply #257412 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

The NBA floor wipers come out every opportunity to keep floor clean. Every time play is down at the other end, they are out there. They have decent round floor mops which appear to do a much better job. I think they actually are enjo mops??!!

Reply #257415 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Actually I thought I saw a young Marcus TImmons ?

Reply #257419 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Haaaaahahhahahahha!

Reply #257424 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

Can we please get a sponsor that doesn't insist on their jingle being played at every spillage? that shit is just annoying...

Reply #257436 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Every car, every part, every daaaaayyyyy!

Reply #257441 | Report this post

Hems  
Years ago

Black Dracula - I think that's the whole point - Sprint pay the 36ers some money, so that the 36ers can advertise their brand. Somehow, I don't think a sponsor is going to pay money to NOT have their brand promoted.

Reply #257459 | Report this post

PPDO  
Years ago

Shamwow?

Reply #257464 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Jack, I think that was Sammy K.

Reply #257466 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

At the game the other night, two people I was with started singing along to the Sprint Auto Parts jingle. Fair to say that is advertising money well spent I think!

Reply #257467 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

Hems - did you fail reading comprehension at school, or are you just a moron? I'm talking about the jingle, it's annoying that every time the wipers come out that it has to be played. I'm well aware of the point of advertising...my point is the kids have Sprint Auto Parts tshirts on and the mop has a big Sprint Auto Parts sign on it - so it's not like the Sprint brand isn't visible enough. Even if it were played once at the start of the game, the same way they announce the player sponsors, that would be fine. Every floor mopping is just excessive.

Reply #257471 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

So is the Metropolitan Plumbing ad on TV, but I bet everyone remembers that. Some might find it annoying, but that's the trade-off they take.

Further, that response to Hems was over the top - the advertising includes the full gamut of visual, audio, etc. They were making a general point.

If the jingle was played once at the start of the game, barely anyone would notice it.

Reply #257472 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Bob Bob Bob, Bob Bob Moran.

Reply #257474 | Report this post

Hems  
Years ago

Black D - you are right, there is other advertising for Sprint with the floor wiping. I did get your point about the jingle being annoying - my point was that I doubt very much they would pay the same money for less advertising. The jingle is not only advertising, but probably the most effective part of that advertising contract - the fact we are here discussing it in this forum is proof of that. Without that audio plug, I dare say the "official floor mop sponsorship" would go for a fair bit less - if it sold at all!

I wish that TV advertisers didn't insist on having ads every 8 minutes throughout a TV program. It's really annoying. Just have one at the start, and that would be plenty! Or maybe ads during program's shouldn't be allowed to have sound, people will still get the idea....

Reply #257475 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Several years ago I watched a program on TV about advertising methods. It is a fact that the more annoying an ad is, the more likely it is to get stuck in your head. That is the reason we see so many annoying ads. The Sprint Auto Parts jingle as as annoying as it comes, but we have just proven on this thread alone that it works because people are talking about it.

As for the mops, surely it is embarrassing for Sprint Auto Parts to see their advertising sign on a faulty mop. Its unprofessional for them and they should be funding new mops.

Reply #257513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

having worked for Sprints they are tight arses.

Reply #257515 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

It disturbs me, that in the current times, there are still people who dont seem to understand the concept of "advertising"

As i was once taught by the local newspapers "repetition builds reputation"
of course they keep playing it, that way you will remember it and when you need a spare part etc.. you will go to them.

Yes its annoying, but the 36ers gain substantial income from sponsors, if you are happy to pay more for your tickets and can convince thousands of other to pay more... then they can do away with sponsors and advertising.

Reply #257519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'll agree that the guys wiping the floor do a great job. At their age it would be a bit daunting.

But brownie points for the carparkers? What carparkers? last game we had to park ourselves and we weren't late to the game.

Reply #257610 | Report this post

DM  
Years ago

Brownie points to the carparkers for sure. Perhaps they headed in early due to dehydrating - the poor guys weren't supplied with water but were expected to stand in the ridiculous heat from 5pm. They aren't paid for this, sure they get to go into the game for free but they should have been provided with water at least.

Reply #257631 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

I would actually go way out of my way NOT to use Metripolitan Plumbing. Annoying isn't always best.

Reply #257638 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:36 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754