Just Interested
Years ago

What happened to the National Anthem?

What has happened the National Anthem prior the NBL games?

Topic #21618 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

The League decided to scrap it for this season and I believe it's league wide not just the 36ers.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Reply #257476 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I believe that's correct. League-wide directive to omit the anthem for domestic games.

Reply #257479 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Spot on.

Reply #257481 | Report this post

wasportsfan1  
Years ago

the Wildcats always have the Anthem before the game 15mins to go before tip off

Reply #257483 | Report this post

Hems  
Years ago

Yep - NBL reccomendation to scrap the Anthem - if a club feels strongly, they can still play it (Perth), but I believe the original guidelines were to not include it.

Reply #257487 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

It'll be back for the playoffs, IIRC?

Reply #257491 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

I'll not b*tch about game night music as long as they never play "Thank God I'm a Country Boy" anywhere near the BMC ever again.

Or on the radio.

Or anywhere.

Ever.

Reply #257492 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

I'm with playing it at finals only

Reply #257503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what about the abl next season? will it be played then.......

Reply #257516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't know if a decision has been made re Central ABL at this stage. Having said that, the rule at ABL level has always been that it is at the discretion of the home club. If the home club doesn't want to play the anthem, it doesn't have to. That's my understanding.

What I don't understand is why the NBL and WNBL (both under BA now) have two separate policies re playing of the national anthem? Or is the like the case in Perth (i.e. Lightning decided it felt strongly about it and 36ers don't really care)?

Reply #257568 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:35 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754