TR
Years ago

NOOOOOOO.... Jackson to Charlotte

The Golden State Warriors have acquired guard Raja Bell and forward Vladimir Radmanovic from the Charlotte Bobcats in exchange for forward Stephen Jackson and guard Acie Law, the team announced Monday

Good to see Vlad Rad go..... He sucked out of the triangle system.

Sad to see Bell go, he was the Cats leader.

I can't work this franchise out... Pawn Okafor to save cash, but then take on Jackson awful contract for the next 4 years..

MJ is almost as good as Isiah when it comes to GM'ing

http://linky.com.au/fxtx2

Topic #21627 | Report this topic

XztatiK  
Years ago

So why'd you pick them? out of all the teams???

Reply #257637 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Originally a Charlotte fan from the days of Mugsy, LJ and Zo. Also was a big fan of Dell Curry which extended to Glenn Rice.

Also didn't want to be another Chicago Bulls / Michael Jordan nut rider..

Got sick and tired of people only knowing three or four guys on the Bulls roster and pretending to be die hard, bleed bulls blood supporters, when really they were nut riders.

Everyone could name MJ and Pip, some could name Longley, Rodman and Kukoc, but ask them who Will Perdue, Bill Wennington, Craig Hodges, Ron Harper, John Paxson, BJ Armstrong, Steve Kerr, Pete Myers etc etc and get blank looks.

Reply #257654 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

TR, I love your loyalty. Not a fan of this move, why trade Richardson in the first place??
MJ is really sucking as GM though, I don't think I will defend him anymore.

For what it's worth, long time Bulls supporter since '88. I can even name Jo Jo English as someone that wore a Bulls jersey. Even Tim Flooyd as a coach (shudder).

Plus you forgot Schenscher, Longley, Parish and Salley. ; )

Reply #257671 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Don't forget Chris Anstey

Reply #257674 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

ba ha ha, I had. Cheers Big Sexy..lol

Bulls have definately had some quality centres over the years..Right back to Quentin (I have a bad sniff) Daily.

Throw in Eddie Curry there to book end it.

Reply #257682 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

TR, I love that there are people out there who will stay loyal to small market teams, so you deserve a break mate! Hopefully Jax buys in, has a stellar year and proves to be the scorer they need to get them to the #8 seed.

Brown certainly seems to have improved the team's defence so far, but that run of 5 losses shows that they just don't have enough firepower.

If Jax buys in he will not only be a good scorer, but he will play hard on D too and will give the team three long, athletic forwards to rotate througout games.

Acie Law is an interesting one. Do you think this means Brown has had enough of Felton and/or Augustin?

All in all, though you do have to live with 4 years of Jax's contract, I think it might be worth it considering you only gave up a good, but ageing vet in Bell and a Euro-gunner who's a marshamallow defensively!

Even if Jax doesn't buy in, he's still going to be nice trade bait that Charlotte didn't have before!

Reply #257683 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Both Felton and DJ have been absolutely horrendous this season... At the moment I'd happily do a Steve Blake for Raymond Felton trade, and I'd chuck in a 2nd to get rid of him. Thank god he rejected the 5 year deal that was on the table. Felton has actually gotten worse over the past 2 seasons. His defence has always been pretty good, but offensively, he has lost ground. At best he's a backup on a contender.

I'm at a loss with the franchise at the moment. Bob Johnson and MJ are killing this franchise. The Cats TV rights are the worse in the league and they operate in the hotbed of basketball. Outside of Indiana I'm struggling to find a bigger basketball population.

The FO trade away the Okafor, saying that they believe that Chandler is a better fit, but we all know it was purely a financial trade.

They then trade for Jax who has a horrendous contract. I really like Jax as a ball player, but worried about his head. I wouldn't be surprised if he's not traded by the deadline, sort of Sheed at Atlanta style. Jax need to re-establish his reputation in the league so hopefully he shuts his mouth and just lets his ball skills do the talking.

The issues with the Cats all goes back to the draft. Not trading up for Paul, drafting Ammo over Roy, drafting McMay over Granger. Okafor whilst a decent pick just doesn't have the heart and passion to be leader. He'd rather do pilates.

They also make stupid trades. Why give up expirings for players like Nazr Mohammad and Diop when they add no or little value to the team. They traded a first away for Ajinca.... awful....

The Cats will have, well, did have salary cap space in 2011, but lets be honest, no top notch FA is going to want to head to Charlotte. They need to draft a 'star'.

Charlotte has relied on average role players to try and get the job done. Not happening in the NBA. They still haven't had an all-star, nor has any Bobcats player ever had a triple double..

The Richardson trade was actually a decent trade in the end. The Cats nearly made into 8th position last season, and it was a Bell injury which stopped them. Talent wise it wasn't a great trade, team-wise it worked well.

DB5, remember some crackers like Dave Corzine, Scott Williams, Jud Buechler, Randy Brown, Khalid El-Amin, Lawrence Funderburke, Ed Nealy and the luckiest guy in the world Matt Steigenga.

Reply #257728 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

I think it's way too early to write the cats off this year. Chandler is playing at about 50%, Diaw had no preseason either, G-Dub can't buy a bucket, and Felton and Augustin are the most underperforming pg duo in the league atm. If you ask me thats alot of things which arent going there way which can easily be turned around.

Flip Murray is that spark off the bench they've never had, Nazr is playing great atm and they are a top 6 defensive team.

Chandler, Diaw, Wallace, Jackson, Felton, Murray, Augustin, Mohammed is a very good 8 man rotation if you ask me and all they need is to get some legs under them and find some rythym on offense and you have a playoff team no doubt in my opinion.

Fair points about their moves (signings, trades, draft picks) but when all is said and then they just want to be a winning team and this is the best roster they have ever had IMO

Reply #257752 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I've got no issues with players like Nazr, the issue I have is what they gave up to get him. It is the most talented roster they have had.

Not a fan of Flip. Yes he's a sparkplug, but he's also a volume shooter.

What they need is a bruiser power forward, something the Cats have never had.

I think it all starts with lousy point guards. Both Ray and DJ don't really know how to start the offence. DJ will be nothing more than a backup, he's just too small. Turnovers are also really hurting..

Reply #257755 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I agree re the point guard comment. I actually thought Felton would be a good fit, but as you say, he has regressed. The Richardson trade was good in the end, what I was saying was why trade him and then trade for Jax who is the same sort of player+baggage.

TR, Buechler was pretty cool, liked his hustle. From memory he won a medal in Volleyball?
Also what about one of the best Bulls ever...Jack Haley!
lol, forgot about Khalid though! He could score in any other league but the NBA.

Reply #257770 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Not a bad article here, bags Jax and Charlotte pretty bad though.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Stephen-Jackson-is-off-to-Charlotte;_ylt=AlEUx2PRfJ8ynlfhkanlYtu8vLYF?urn=nba,202814

Reply #257795 | Report this post

Years ago

I challenge Stephen Jackson to shoot at a .450 FG% over the course of a season for once.

Reply #258720 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:59 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754