Anonymous
Years ago

SA Country lineups for Aubury?

Any word on the SA country line ups for Aubury? Heard they had tryouts on the weekend

Topic #21628 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Albury?

Reply #257582 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

don't think teams are finalised yet.

www.sacbc.basketball.net.au has a story saying the Sunday session was cancelled.

Reply #257665 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Some kids have been told already

Reply #257675 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Country a probably a little slow in putting teams on their website. Country people type a lot slower than city folk.

Reply #257676 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Teams were notified on Saturday, usual girls with a lot of new faces in 18's

Reply #257677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

new faces came out of woodwork, most need to go back!

Reply #257685 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ONE U18 GIRLS TEAM LOOK STRONG

Reply #257721 | Report this post

Country Dad  
Years ago

The trials were an eye opener.
I can understand why Centrals people would have been there (as it was their stadium and Barossa = Lions), Mavs people (Eastern Hills = Mavs), and even a Tiger or two (Willunga, Great Southern), but apart from wanting to expand their empires and recruit from outside their zone, can anyone explain to me why inner city clubs feel the need to try to recruit country kids? Aren't kids from Campbelltown good enough? Can't Unley boys catch a ball?

Reply #257744 | Report this post

Yokle  
Years ago

Country Dad,

Please explain where it says Barossa = Lions?

Or Mavs = Eastern Hills?

And please define where someones "zone" starts and finishes?

Are you suggesting that metro kids shouldn't be allowed to play at Centrals or Mavs?

My understanding was that there are numerous service suppliers who can offer their service to people they feel they can help and can help they fellow members in regards to improved product.

Reply #257746 | Report this post

Country Dad  
Years ago

Just saying that I find it curious with some of the "scouts" looking outside their backyard. Why actively chase a girl from Port Augusta?

Reply #257747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Country Dad has a point. If these service providers were able to provide an adequate service to their existing masses then they wouldn't need to recruit kids from other areas.

Reply #257750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

uneducated morons. hahahah

Reply #257754 | Report this post

Yokle  
Years ago

Doesn't that mean for all district clubs then? Why would Centrals be recruiting from the Northern Yorkes and Barossa if they have all those players North of Sailsbury to Gawler? Why would Mavs be recruiting metro players from South and Forestville if the have Eastern Hills, Murray Bridge and Victor harbour players?

Recruiting players assist clubs in regards to supplying existing member with opportunities such as higher standard trainings, greater opportunities like Classics and U14 Nationals. Not too mention it increases revenue and potential volunteer opportunities.

Reply #257756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Strong U18 girls team consisted of

Talbot
Loughead
Garrard
Corrigan
Daniels
and don't know others

Reply #257760 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

MAV's player arent standing tall!!!

Reply #257773 | Report this post

ned  
Years ago

iF mY bOY DId MAKE iLL BE sHITyyyy

Reply #257776 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The team lists are now on the web. Most of those kids already play district for a club, but I just wonder which clubs will be scampering like seagulls over a hot chip making promises and offering cheap fees to those who don't

Reply #257878 | Report this post

You know that Im a better player than micheal Jordan

Reply #257897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

U/18 Boy's Magpies looks strong.

Reply #261377 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

go u18 sharks, kick some butt girls

Reply #263570 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Albury not Aubury

Reply #264330 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:23 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754