young money
Years ago

AI and Grizzlies part ways

Iverson and the Grizzlies have mutually parted ways. AI will be placed on waivers.

Hopefully he gets picked up by a contending team... CAVS???

Topic #21631 | Report this topic

TC2  
Years ago

Why would any contender want anything to do with him?

Reply #257530 | Report this post

pootietang  
Years ago

The Cavs!!!!!!!!! LeBron, Mo Williams, Shaq...theres only one ball and we all know how much Iverson wants it!!!

Reply #257531 | Report this post

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

Yeah a contender - in the ABA maybe...

He's a cancer - but if someone takes a punt on him i am sure he will be an angel (people would have given him a long talking to - agents, etc)... Just to show it was never him - but it was the Grizz...

Reply #257533 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

I doubt AI would even want to come off the bench for a contender like the Cavs. I hate that he's doing this, he's killing his legacy one prima-donna departure at a time :(

Reply #257535 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

Surely Europe will be on the cards?

Reply #257538 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Too proud to play in Europe - would see it as more of an insult than coming off the bench.

Reply #257543 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

ESPN Link: http://linky.com.au/w06wy

Under the agreement, Iverson will receive only a fraction of the $3 million he was scheduled to earn. If he clears waivers, he will become an unrestricted free agent on Wednesday night.

Reply #257544 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

those poor people who bought Iverson grizz jerseys!

Reply #257551 | Report this post

M0PPA  
Years ago

He'll go to the Knicks. He'll get to start and they'll give him the green light to shoot 25+ shot's a night.

The Knicks will still suck though but at least they might get attendance up and they will still have plenty of cash at the end of the season chase free agents.

AI will accept playing for a losing team like the Knicks for one year as D'Antoni's system will allow him to pad his stats and try and improve on getting a better deal as a FA next yr.

I just can't see a contender taking a chance on him. He couldn't accept not starting in Detroit, he couldn't accept not starting in Memphis. I just think his ego is too big that he can't take a back seat to anyone.

Reply #257574 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Pfft.

This situation reminds me alot of the Minnisota-Starbury fiasco.

AI, realise that you aren't the Gold Standard anymore. If you can't accept a bench spot, then accept that your career is over.

Reply #257607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here's a good article for Dicko

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A0PDlNd85QJLg8cAyyq8vLYF?slug=aw-jacksoniverson111709&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Reply #257644 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:40 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754