The Punisher
Years ago

which players look exciting

didnt get to see any games this weekend unfortunately wondering if there is any new talent going around.

Topic #2165 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

21 for West was good. Young guys from Sturt still as decent as last year.

Reply #24484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you mean 31 for west

Reply #24485 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

No 21 for West was Anthony Spaddavecchia. He was the short guy with long dark curley hair.

Reply #24490 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yeah, #21, he either scored or was the instigator of about 9 straight points for West in the third quarter. You wouldn't have known that their team was down by 40+ because the crowd still got behind him and the others.

Reply #24495 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Watson from Centrals was impressive. 2 straight 3s to start the game, 4 in the first quarter.

Reply #24504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

watch f/ville play north was very impressed with #8 gange last night
thought young guards from north (#14,#8)both shone for north
(sorry dont know names)

Reply #24507 | Report this post

Hampstead  
Years ago

Libertine, so what were you doing there????

Reply #24521 | Report this post

Centrals  
Years ago

Well I guess Centrals silenced all the critics... Panther are you out there?

Reply #24523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think any critics of any teams have been silenced after only one round

Reply #24525 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Centrals, can you tell us a bit about the game? Nothing elaborate, just a couple of paragraphs about what happened, who played well, who underperformed, the score, etc.

Reply #24526 | Report this post

Centrals  
Years ago

Centrals came out of the blocks early, with Jye, Wilkey and Reggie leading the way. South were forced into heaps of turnovers in the first half which allowed Centrals to finish with 60 points. Centrals really should have won by 60 but took the foot off the pedal a little and ended up winning by 26 i think. Wilkey was impressive for 35 points also Jye with 25 points and Reggie was solid on both ends of the floor, even Centrals bench came in an contributed, nobody was a liability. What really stood out was Centrals defence forced South into bad shots. Only player for South to stand up was Pilkington but just wasnt enough. It also looked like JB broke his nose, you'll have to ask him to confirm though.

Reply #24527 | Report this post

poker champ  
Years ago

wilkey = gun

Reply #24528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, they beat South... they must be good.

Reply #24529 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I'm out here "Centrals", you'll never find me hiding. Congratulations, i'm the first to admitt that you guys out played us and the new look team played well.
But one game doesn't make a season and with your first three games at home (strange how that happened), you should get off to a good start to the year. We'll all be watching your next few games and especially looking forward to round four when you play Sturt at Pasadena.
Your only as good as your last game so keep talking while you can!

Reply #24531 | Report this post

??????  
Years ago

I happened to be in the stands at Starplex on Saturday Night, didn't watch much of the girls game but if there are any div 2 players that think they should be playing div 1 then Glenn Shaw coach of centrals is the man to talk to. They need some help badly.

Now the men, as mentioned above Jye Watson hit the first 2 threes from his first 2 attempts to get centrals going they had a big first 1/4 the score was 37 - 17 lions way. The second quarter seen Justin W go off to give the home team a 27 point lead at the half. I don't think the boys knew what to do with that type of lead so they came out in the third quarter and did what they did last year, they were flat and couldn't hit a shot. Souths won the quarter by 3 with the Lions winning the last by 3. Final score 101 to 74. Justin Wilkey had 35, Jye Watson 25 and Reggie 14. Ricky would be happy with the effort overall but he needs to sort out the 3rd quarter lapse before they play a stronger team. As for panther I thought he played well I don't think he missed a shot but the last time i seen him he was lying face down on the Starplex court after an elbow from Wilk. And what was the blow up with Steve Pilkington and the coach at half time?

The atmosphare was very good at Starplex, they had a good crowd and a half time free throw shoot out which was entertaining.

Reply #24533 | Report this post

what  
Years ago

centrals beat south, ohh the decay of basa has finally showed...

Reply #24555 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sup is a gun 17 points few steals and a block good start to the season

Reply #24568 | Report this post

skyhook  
Years ago

Wilkey throwing elbows ... what a surprise (NOT!!) I played him in 20's and he broke a team-mates jaw cheaply... some things never change!!

He better watch out for that guy at Norwood this year .. i think his names is ... Jones ? Beefy 'Sapwell-looking' guy !!

Reply #24574 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Matt Jones is his name...

I didn't think much of teh Starplex atmosphere, the only atmosphere was from the mike guy and we gave him his kudos after the game. Panther is right though, the home cooking form the refs at some points in the game had me and my friends in stitches...

Reply #24616 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:25 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754