Rooboy
Years ago

Wildcats News?

On chanel 10 sport last night over in perth they said there would be an anouncment regarding the Perth Wildcats today .Dose anyone know what the news is ?

Im hoping that they will anounce the signing of a new american import hopefully a back up centre to big luke.he seems to get into foul trouble early in games and coach Bev dose not seem to have enough faith in Sam Harris when things turn bad, I hope it is Donta Smith .

This would also mean that rogers would have to be delisted but from what i heard he is still a few months away from being close to returning and with needing 7 games to qualify for finals time seems to be running out give him the rest of the season of and let him come back next year when big luke packs his bags for one last shot.

Topic #21682 | Report this topic

wasportsfan1  
Years ago

Mate it wouldnt be Smith thats for sure! it will be just that Rogers is retiring i reckon no biggy

Reply #258226 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Aaaahhh! They're taking over!!

Any news on Schensch's back? Nearing 100%?

Reply #258236 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Smith is in China I believe.

Reply #258244 | Report this post

CatsFan  
Years ago

In tonight news all they showed was Longley working Schenscher through a few drill and Set plays.He also mentioned that the Cats rely to much on there Primeter gme and need to use there bigs much better. he's spot on on. more shots for Schenscher and Redhage. Schenscher is averaging 7 shots a game. YES 7 SHOTS A GAME. the only starting 7 footer in the league averaging shots a game is crazy.

Reply #258250 | Report this post

wasportsfan1  
Years ago

Yeah is back is close too full fitness! he just needs to get agressive on the boards!

Reply #258257 | Report this post

CatsFan  
Years ago

Cats are hopefull of a Rogers return according in todays West Australian.he'll have surgery today to fix the tricep and will hopefully recover from 6 to 7 weeks. thats more then enough time for him to be ready for the playoffs. maybe the twin towers project will happen after all. having rogey back, it will improve our interior defense by light years. he is the best shot blocker in the league. very good interior defender. he is also a automatic 10 rebounds a game player.

Reply #258295 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Rogers..was a champion, time is up, please retire before you damage the reputation.

It will take at least 8-10 weeks to recover and even if he is fit in time to play he wont be match fit and will, at best have minimal impact.

Thanks Paul

Reply #258404 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:11 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754