mark coughlin
Years ago

woodville women

was anyone surprised to see the woodville girls get up on sunday???
looks like they might be more competitve than people think and the new girls they've got played very well.
nice to see them win if not for lyn who is one of the nicer people involved in bball at this level.
still it was a highly entertaining & skillfull game of bball to watch.

Topic #2169 | Report this topic

Sponge Bob  
Years ago

they pulled 3's from their butts thats all lets not get 2 excited.

Reply #24547 | Report this post

leech  
Years ago

One person lost the game for southern and mr robertson should have a talk with his star shooter Ms S.Peddle.

Reply #24551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's a bit harsh, no one player lost that game for southern...missed foul shots was the biggest killer.

Reply #24554 | Report this post

Years ago

I agree, one player cant loose game but they can do a hell of a lot to make it happen.

Great mens game Southern Vs Woodville, bad luck to see new recruit from geelong down with ankle sprain in the first few minutes, hot young talent and i mean hot hot hot young talent!

Reply #24556 | Report this post

Timmy O'Toole  
Years ago

The result wasn't unsurprising, it was always going to be a tight game. Both teams are quite even, woodville shot better from beyond the arc.

Reply #24557 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

The addition of Sue Wells (Flinders Uni) to Woodville makes a heckuva difference. Great game and great attitude. A left-handed, female Magic Johnson.

Reply #24592 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

I honestly thought the loss of Mostert and Trewartha would have made them a 10-15 point less per game.

However looking at last season results - woodville are around the same mark - last season they defeated tigers once or twice.

oddly enough - norwood went down - thaat is where the two girls went from warriors!

in true woodville girls / women tradition they will be either 100% or 1% - no half measures - really good or really bad!

they may have a couple of sleepers amongst their ranks to step up

Reply #24607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good game by Woodville. Some great shooting by Sue,Charli & Jodi. Deserved the win. I think mr Robertson doesn't need to talk to any player. Cause once Rachael Litster to gets over her injury then watch out players who dont perform. No court time!

Reply #24634 | Report this post

Old School  
Years ago

Well done girls. Great to see Lyn getting some reward for the effort she puts in. You go girl and good luck to your team.

Reply #24638 | Report this post

given woodville's player losses - i thought centrals may push them to get off the bottom - but given the first round results - it could be more a centrals, southern, woodville finish (from the bottom up)- consistency will be the key

Reply #24889 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:10 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754