Anonymous
Years ago

Romour: Woodville and Western

I'm told from a reliable source that Woodville Warriors and Western Magic have agreed to merge and will compete in the district competition as the Woodville Magic Basketball Association.

To me it seems Woodville have given up their identity to a club that really should never have existed.

Thoughts?

Topic #21707 | Report this topic

That a Romour is either someone who walks the planet telling stories that may or may not be true.

Or that they are decendent of ancient Rome who refuses to wear anything but hand me down battle armour.

Reply #258667 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

First Romour I have heard

Reply #258680 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Damn, didn't Woodies just change their singlets?

What colours are we talking?

Reply #258682 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Romour your an idiot - cant spell - a club that never should have existed - well bozo they do exist and idf magic and wodville forming an assiociation as BS been tying to promote clubs to do then maybe woodville magic are in fact progressive and looking at the betterment of basketball undr the wisdom of BSA any idiot if you cant spell and your facts are wrong yo are a real deil
Woodville magic baskertball associstion - i see woodville name - not sure how that identify lost and playing at woodville rec centre - please explain - woodville west torrens football club seems to function ok
woody womens singlets are bad - so please replace
woodville magic mushrooms has good ring

Reply #258701 | Report this post

Frogger  
Years ago

jesus anon - talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Take some of your own advice and learn how to spell too.

Reply #258702 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

frogger so i made a couplr of typo's - i sorry i usually use a spell checker

(Mod: We're sorry that you didn't use a spell checker, twice.....)

Reply #258704 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

I would prefer Western Warriors

Reply #258712 | Report this post

Cue Ralph Wiggum:
"Me fail english, that's unpossible".

Reply #258713 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

No amalgamation. Magic players will be able to play div 1 as Woodville players. Div 2 etc. will remain as is.

Reply #258765 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I prefer Western Warriors, sounds better.

Reply #258778 | Report this post

Modern Girl  
Years ago

"Yo" angry anon who also cant spell; Magic should have no chance to merge, they should be thrown out of the comp completely!

Reply #259062 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Modern Girl,
Magic are a lot stronger than most people think. Although they can't play Div 1, the teams they have put are are very competitive in Divs 2 and 3 and you only need to look at the ladders this season to see that they are doing very well. Probably a lot better than Woodville, or West if the analysis is done.
The merging (or alliance) of Woodville and Western will form a very strong association in the western suburbs.

Reply #259067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack , the ego's of the two women running each club wont allow for a successful merger. One is in charge of everything and is intent on keeping it that way and the other left woodville because of her.
Both clubs need to fold and leave the catchment to Wests because there are too many district clubs and not enough players to support them. Adelaide can support 6 district teams at best. Wests, Norwood, Sturt, Forestville and looking to the future Southern and Centrals.
Souths' juniors are in diabolic trouble and norths not much better while Mavericks have temporarily bought their teams and woodville is struggling to stay mediocre.

Reply #259097 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

ANON #259097 HOW DARE YOU SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT THOSE TWO WOMEN IF YOU DON'T KNOW ALL THE FACTS. ONE LADIE IN PARTICULIAR HAS DONE SO MUCH FOR BASKETBALL IN THE WESTERN SURBURBS IT'S NOT FUNNY AND MAINLY DOES IT FOR THE CHILDREN NOT FOR HERSELF. SHE DID NOT LEAVE THE OTHER CLUB BECAUSE OF THE OTHER PERSON LIKE YOU SAID, SHE LEFT TO PLAY BASKETBALL WITH HER FRIENDS AND STAYED AT THE CLUB TO HELP ALL THE JUNIOR TEAMS WHICH IS WHY NOW SHE IS THE PRESIDENT. SO YOU DO NOT KNOW EVERYTHING YA TOOL. IT PISSES ME OFF WHEN PEOPLE LIKE YOU WRITE SHIT LIKE THIS WHEN YOU DO NOT KNOW ALL THE FACTS. THE PERSON I AM REFERRING TO IS AN HONEST, RELIABLE AND HAS DEDICATED SO MUCH TIME AND EFFORT FOR BSA AND BASKETBALL IN THE WESTERN SUBURBS AND DOES NOT GET ANY CREDIT FOR HER WORK. GET A LIFE YA WANKER AND STOP BAGGING NICE PEOPLE.

Reply #259110 | Report this post

wanker2  
Years ago

I agree with the wanker, two women in the kitchen won't work and the reasons Magic broke away from Woodville depends on which club tells the story. I also agree with too many district clubs but not with the above choices.
If Magic and Woodville merge there is no reason to suggest they will be any more competitive than when they were a united club previously.They will just have more teams. Neither club has the coaches to go forward hence lyn holland coaches 4 or so teams is secretary, development officer and senior women's coach. That hardly suggests a bundle of talent in the wings to develop youngsters.

Reply #259116 | Report this post

hanging round  
Years ago

The Devil went down to St Clair and Woodville sold their soul. Wasn't that a song?

Reply #259122 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

Gold 110 - love your work. But I agree with the wankers.

Reply #259200 | Report this post

demon666  
Years ago

i guess the merger has been slapped away

Reply #260974 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this will never happen. The people will have thier say

Reply #263460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the cancer in the club will ensure woodville never moves forward, self centred interest will always prevail

Reply #263464 | Report this post

magic reigns  
Years ago

yeah supposedly folk lore has the merger being chucked out - has though cost one club several members from commitees who dare to ask too many questions - interestingly though nobody cares and campers still are happy. Way forward has to be restructure and maybe times are looming for some hard decisions by leaders and getting a sense of direction
hard working ladies you been referring too are too harashly treated with little upport given - step up

Reply #269498 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Romour any update my friend - or where you just stirring - things seem very quiet on the western front - think some gone to ground as flack falls around - ego's are too strong but suggest magic have united front

Reply #269847 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

THe merger has happened!!! I took some footage of Woodville's first visit to St Clair:

Reply #269869 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:06 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754