LC
Years ago

Artest drank booze during half-time...

Was checking out ESPN this morning and came across this article about Ron Artest.

"I used to drink Hennessy ... at halftime," Artest said in an interview with the Sporting News, which is publishing the story in its Dec. 7 issue. "I [kept it] in my locker. I'd just walk to the liquor store and get it."

Hennessy is a French cognac. Artest said he drank when he played for the Chicago Bulls, where he played for his first three seasons (1999-2002).

"When I was a 19-year-old father, whew. I was a single pimp! I was wild," he told the magazine. "A lot of marijuana and alcohol -- even before [that age]. ... I [still] party and I have fun, but not like I used to. I used to drink every night and party every night."

ESPN Link: http://linky.com.au/9fv0f

I knew this guy had a screw loose, but I guess this helps explain a few things...

Topic #21741 | Report this topic

rotateonthis  
Years ago

See folks , you can drink the poison !

WARNING : kids do not try this at home , unless your parents are out and it is Hennessy XO . Just Playing , Don't drink , just smoke weed and it will turn out ok .

Reply #259174 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Rotate on this I dont know if trying to be funny and failed badly , stupid or way out wierd .
And I never knock other posters.
Whatever live in a different world to you mate

Reply #259181 | Report this post

crowfan  
Years ago

everyone keeps forgetting that artest is born and raised in QB!

Reply #259184 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

BTM . you are right , terrible attempt at humor.
However , at least it was readable .

Reply #259185 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I read that article also this morning.

You can't blame him for those Bulls days. They had just lost the 98 Championship team and were in the re-building days, which was sad for a few years.

Reply #259189 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Still is sad for Bulls fans The Champ. sob sob..

Reply #259192 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

I kinda thought it was funny.

Reply #259197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bulls needed to be crap prior to Jordan, when Jordan was retired and after Jordan actually retired from the Bulls for good.

It made for a more epicness, sorta like the movie SpaceJam.

Reply #259209 | Report this post

Years ago

If Artest thinks he's breaking new ground by putting this out there, Keon Clark made similar admittions a couple of years ago.

The part I find funny about Artest's Chicago tenure is that he apparently applied for a job at Circuit City (a US equivalent of JB HiFi) so that (in his words) he'd 'have something to do' and be able to get staff discount. You know, because being an NBA player isn't a full-time job with all the travel and everything, and you couldn't afford to pay full price with your 1st-round draft pick paycheck.

Reply #259229 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Well, he is being investigated for welfare fraud.

Reply #259230 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Another ex-Rocket, Kirk Snyder, has been sent back to gaol after cutting a monitoring bracelet/tag off.

Reply #259266 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

can't wait to see if they win finals... See him pull the henny out the shorts as he runs on the court sculling it all

Reply #259373 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:24 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754