Spinner
Years ago

Channel 10 - you have lost me

Apart from the fact that in their 20 odd minutes of sports every night they might give basketball 30 seconds, that tripper that presents the sport on the 5pm news making sarcastic remarks about something he knows nothing about, would have to take the cake.

Mark Arse-ston or what ever your name is....pull your bloody head in. You would never know what stomping on Brett's name meant. Get some knowledge or shut the f... up

Topic #21785 | Report this topic

Loco  
Years ago

? What happened ?

Reply #260108 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Well they showed today's Hodge interview and interviewed Ben Fitz. At the end Mark Aiston's comment was - something like . Aw I'd be upset if someone stepped on my signature.. kinda wots the big deal about it...

Reply #260118 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Sounds a little insensitive I guess.

Reply #260123 | Report this post

Dangermouse  
Years ago

I took it as he was saying, not cool I wouldn't appreciate that at all. It was kind of jokey in the usual Mark Aiston way, but I don't think he was downplaying it.

Reply #260127 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

No, he was being sarcastic about it - trying to be funny and failing as usual. If it was someone disrespecting Ricciuto or Tredrea he would have taken it seriously, I bet. Tool.

Reply #260138 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

Aiston actually used to commentate 36ers games from 96 for a few seasons. I always have hated him since those days where he must go down as the worst commentator in sports history.

Reply #260139 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Agreed Van Exel. Having said that, people need to get over the signature thing, I am sure Brett Maher isnt losing any sleep over it.

Great publicity though - now the Sixers just need to find some footage of CJ Bruton doing the same thing to get another 6000 to the game this week!

Reply #260145 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

I'd usually agree... and I've thought about it calmly after the fact etc... but it's honestly not as simple as "a signature - get over it".

I've spent 18 years courtside at the BMC - it's not funny, it's not 'good for the game', and it's not going to sell mor tickets.

It just dis-respected one of my heros.

Reply #260159 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It's just a flag. It's just a cross. It's just a temple. Sport is religion for many people. They spend money and time attending games, following their heroes and discussing it all. You trample a symbol of all of that, and they get really unhappy.

Reply #260168 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Well said Isaac!!!

Reply #260171 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Factions of the crowd went too far - no doubt. But Brett transcends sport. It's not an overstatement. His humility, on court abilty, contributions to charity and the manner in which he conducts himself are beyond rebuttal.

There are very few human beings held in the same regard as Brett Maher. This is not the name you trample on.

Tbis is his court for good reason - and you just emphasised why.

Reply #260172 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Give me a break, Brett is just a basketball player - albeit a great, great one. People can make anything important that they choose to, and it is that lack of perspective that causes a lot of issues around the world.

If Hodge had stomped on a sign for the Hudson Foundation, that would be a completely different matter. But Brett's signature? No wonder the media find it so easy to run trash articles these days, some people will bite on almost anything.

Reply #260175 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

To those who went to BMC for 18 years - Brett is a hero. It's a flag, it's a cross.

To the main stream media and the public it's 50/50
(That is - some are - well he trod on a wooden court, while some are - it's not a good thing.)
And some are curious to follow what we think about it,what will the NBL do about it and the like.

Reply #260176 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

The stomping on the signature was symbolic for Hodge .

It is kinda like your ex girlfriend sleeping with your best mate cause you dumped her . She didn't really want to root him but she used played the card that would upset you the most .

My thoughts are Hodge was stomping that signature to inflict as much emotional damage from the crowd as possible , don't think he has anything against Brett but just a poor thoughtless and extremely juvenile act .

I rename him Juveniles Hodge .

Reply #260192 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

ignore used > played

Reply #260195 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He does have something against Brett though. As Kevin Brooks said this week, Hodge feels that Brett left him hanging for too long before making it known that he endorsed skipping a game if he still hadn't been paid. Bit awkward that he ended up playing that game and then not showing for the one after he had been paid and for the duration of the season if I've remembered the Hemmerling-handshake and ATM visit in the right order.

Reply #260200 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

Thanks for Insight Isaac .

Guess Bretts 2 y.o analogy was closer to the truth than my skewed tangent .

Reply #260204 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Yes - It was Wed 5th of Jan. when he was taken to the bank and paid everything,including advance pay,and shook hands But didn't turn up that nite!
(Then the press conference, the next day with Brett,Mal and Scott - all glad it was over - a difficult American-high maintaince)

Reply #260206 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Aw- and Boti article today (news adelaidenow) doubts there would be racial comments from sixers fans, who supported Davis,Green and the like-now Groves Gilchrist.

Reply #260208 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:19 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754