thedoctor
Years ago

Iverson's Return

Iverson returned to Philly today, and was beaten by Billups the man that swapped places with him in Denver last year.

Billups had 31 points to Iverson's 11 on 4/11 shooting.

Iverson started and played 38 minutes.

I thought the most interesting stat of the game was the bench scoring by Philly. 2 points - that's right - 2 points total.

This has to be some sort of record?

Topic #21792 | Report this topic

hereschenes  
Years ago

I agree, I mean there's no way Hodge should have... wait, what?

Wow... 2 points from the bench! 38 minutes seems like a lot for Iverson in his first game back - this strategy could turn into a giant fail for Philly pretty quick. Sounds like desperation to get some ticket sales may have been one of the biggest factors in it happening in the first place.

Reply #260311 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Billups 31 8 and 8.

Reply #260312 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The ESPN boxscore currently lists Elton Brand as both a starter and also a DNP.

Reply #260315 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

AI played a very solid game in his first back.. Scored but also dished off the rock well

Reply #260317 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Did you watch it, K4M? The write-up makes Iverson sound like he played better than his stats suggest.

I should probably not pontificate about giant fails too quickly either... I see they did get over 20k people at the game!

Reply #260320 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Considering Iverson had not played for so long, was with a new team, and had barely trained with them, I believe he probably did better than expected.

Should be interesting to see how he goes.

Reply #260322 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Yes i did watch it, was solid. Not amazing but not at all poor.

Reply #260324 | Report this post

Swish 'n Dish  
Years ago

Does anybody sense any irony in the following quote from today's Adelaide Now summarising the day's games:

"Before the game Iverson's return earned him a great roar from the 20,664-strong crowd as he kissed the midcourt logo."

Maybe Balls can do this at the next home game at BMC to make the court feel better about its recent abuse!

Reply #260355 | Report this post

M0PPA  
Years ago

LC. Iverson doesn't train anyway.

Reply #260414 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:27 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754