Beantown
Years ago

Bogut another good game

This season is the best I have seen him play by far. He is making good, quick moves around the basket, passing well, rebounding well and defending the paint effectively.

In today's game he really took it to the best defensive frontcourt in the league in KG and Perkins, tallying 25 pts on 11/17 FG, 14 Reb, 5 Ast, 2 Blk, 1 Stl.

On a night where Jennings was off, Bogut was the Bucks best by a long way and behind his play the Bucks not only stayed in it all game, but actually looked to me like they might snatch the win with a couple of minutes to go.

In the end, the Celtics just out executed the less experienced Bucks, who looked to Jennings to win the game and died on his missed threes.

I've said it earlier this season and I'll say it again: if Bogut stays healthy, he will lead the Bucks (along with the phenomenal Jennings) back to the playoffs pretty easily this season.

With the form of Bogut, and the experience Andersen and Jawai are getting this season, the Boomers are also going to be looking good for the Worlds next year I reckon!

Topic #21805 | Report this topic

Joshuapending  
Years ago

Yeah he played good but his last couple of games have been far from good. What was a shame was rondo missing the triple double, and TA trying to run through guys. Was nice to see another bucks game on tv though.

Reply #260616 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Whats happened to Jawaii? Injured? He's no longer getting minutes. Has the coach given up? Hope not.

Bogut is getting it done. He bounced back after a couple of ordinary games. The Bucks need jennings to be consistent & help them win again.

Reply #260629 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Yep. Seems to be a career year for alot of players. Jennings is good, but considering teams know what he is capable of now, they'll have him tagged.

Bogut is certainly maintaining his stats for the most part of it. Certainly seems to be getting numbers up there so far to match the likes of Dwight or KG.

Would be interesting to see how he polls in All-Star voting. Shame most of the votes come from people who want to see the "famous" names; rather than the ones doing a good job that season. He should at least be worthy of a bench spot this year.

Reply #260630 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On Jawai, found this in an article from Dec 8:

The Wolves are playing without reserve forward Nathan Jawai, who stayed home in Minnesota Monday because he was too ill to travel.

Reply #260631 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

Even if Jawai is fit he might find it hard to get minutes now that Love is back.

Reply #260632 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Bogut is having a cracker season after returning from a pretty serious back injury.

The games where his output was down were back to back games and his lack of match conditioning compared to others (particularly after his "kick" injury) woulod have come into play. by season's end if he stays healthy, I do believe the Bucks can make the playoffs!

As for Jawai, whilst he may be ill, with Kevin Love back in the side some of his minutes will dry up. And by all accounts, Love has come back strongly and put up some great numbers already.

Reply #260637 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I thought that voting decided the starters, and the coaches picked the reserves (for the ASG). Or was that how it used to be? If so, Bogut might get a shot as a benchy

Reply #260655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

boguts game=
33%- Great game
33%- Injured
33%- Scared of defender, bad game.

Reply #260656 | Report this post

Ballon boy  
Years ago

where's the extra 1% gone?

Reply #260686 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

LOL!

Reply #260689 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

That 1% is praying the Bucks trade away Michael Redd... Should be more like 75%.....

Boguts biggest problem is consistency. He'll go out and get a 20-10, then the next game it's a 8-8 game.

He's improve his free throws this year, and has developed a go to move. I think Skiles has worked him out and is getting Bogut to face up his opponent a lot more. There isn't many centers in the league that are mobile and quick enough to stop Bogut once he moving. Back to the basket is another story.....

Reply #260690 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

True TR, he needs to improve his consistency. As someone said earlier, it is partly conditioning for the back to backs. He only had 12 and 8 today on a back to back and it looks like he was limited with foul trouble in the second half after a strong start. The fouls are a sure sign he wasn't moving his feet as well as he should be!

The main thing is that he is showing he can mix it with the best when he's fit. Now he just needs that consistency to take him to the next level. Will be interesting if he has the desire/ physical resilience to do so.

I noticed Jawai didn't play today too. Might be partly due to illness, but I think the earlier comments were correct - now that Love is back its going to be tough for Jawai to get on the court. He really has to try to beat out Hollins for the backup role, but I don't see that happening this season.

Reply #260809 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

NBA.com, Kenny interviews Bogut about their success and Brandon Jennings.

Reply #260823 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Bogut starred again in a big doubl;e OT win over Portland.

Bogut had 27 and 9 and a few blocks to go with it. He also had a big dunk and made the top 10 plays...

Reply #261213 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Interesting Bogut snippet I hadn't read before at NY Times: Linky

Summary: Sick of crappy atmosphere at home games, Bogut buys 100 lower-level seats for each game and gives them away to loud fans known as Squad Six.

Asked if the cheers coming from Squad 6 ever made him laugh on the court, Bogut laughed and said, "All the time."

His personal favorite? “When Joakim Noah was at the free-throw line and they were all singing 'Dude Looks Like a Lady',” Bogut said.

(This is the part where someone else says 'this got posted on here weeks ago' - apologies if this is the case.)

Reply #261378 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You been away crying over the Chelsea Clinton engagement?

Reply #261385 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Chelsea Clinton is dead to me.

I also had no idea how difficult is to get blu-tack completely off your bedroom wall when taking down a heap of posters.

(Ah, private jokes - it's good to be back!)

Reply #261391 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:15 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754