Anonymous
Years ago

Wortho's Blog - Apology

There's an apology on Wortho's Blog which apologises to Adelaide. I hope that next time the Tigers are here, the players (other than Hodge) don't have to put up with the abuse that they did with on Saturday night. I couldn't believe what the coaching staff and other players copped when they didn't do anything wrong. http://linky.com.au/ocsc8

Topic #21811 | Report this topic

bretts the man  
Years ago

Simple dont have that clown in your team to embarrass you so you dont have to apologize and then you could walk out of stadium like you have done 100 times before with no problems.
But maybe you like players that you have no control over their behaviour and they can turn up for training when they like .
Maybe I am living in the past when the Gaze Tigers had pride in their name.

Reply #260703 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Well Wortho is a complete tosser but well done to him for having the balls to stand up and say his team mate was wrong, not something I thought he had in him.

Reply #260713 | Report this post

aaa  
Years ago

What is the link??

Reply #260715 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Props 2 Worthington

Reply #260727 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Again, Wortho has exceeded my expectations.

Reply #260731 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Link is in the first post: http://linky.com.au/ocsc8

Well after an eventful weekend I thought enough time had passed for me to write about last weeks incident. Obviously Julius was super emotional after the win and hopefully he understands that he (pardon the pun) over stepped the mark.

I think there is more than the media and the common fan knows about his departure during last season. It's not for me to know and quite frankly I don't care, but, you don't disrespect a legend of our game and I believe he understands that know.

I have spoken to Brett and I believe a few other players from our team have done so as well and apologised on behalf of Julius. I hope that Julius at some point calls him as well. To the Adelaide fans, we understand how highly you respect Brett and we would probably react the same if someone would jump on a Gaze signature. From the playing group Adelaide, we are sorry.

On the flip side it was really nice to get back on the winning track again. I thought our boys showed great heart to win the game especially after being down by 6 with a minute to go. Our defence was the best it's been all season and hopefully has given the rest of our guys confidence going into our FNQ double.

Until next time have a beer for me
Cheers
Wortho

Interesting to note his comments prior to the game:

Personally I think this should be a game that Fox should cover. It has all the parts that make for an explosive game. We need people to see that the NBL is thriving on great competition. Imagine if Julius pulls a Harvey/Goulding celebration at mid court if we win? Extra security? Any chance? I doubt it.

Classy post - even acknowledged Melbourne fans would do the same thing if the situation were flipped. My opinion of Wortho has greatly increased of late.

Reply #260732 | Report this post

SAD  
Years ago

What is sad is that the players are doing the right thing, and good on them. What about the Club!!!!!!!
I won't even bother to suggest Julius

Reply #260758 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

Skud, the only problem with Worthington is that he doesn't play for us.
Both games this season he's won off his own back.
Something along the lines of what Brett used to do.

Reply #260775 | Report this post

Bullsfan  
Years ago

I like Worthington...pity he always destroys us.

Reply #260808 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Big props to Wortho..........

I'd be suprised is Jules is with Tigers next year. He'll end up with the Gold Coast IMO

Reply #260828 | Report this post

aaa  
Years ago

Any chance we could try and pick Wortho up next year.

Solve our 3 man problem!!!!!!!!!

Reply #260834 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Well he does like to change clubs often so who knows! :P

Reply #260838 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Get Goorj on board & the chances would increase I'd say

Reply #260854 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

It's a pity Wortho couldn't apologize for his "BA are idiots" comments earlier this year.

To be honest, it takes no balls to apologize on behalf of someone else. It's a nice gesture but it's meaningless. What would be more meaningful is if he and the rest of the leadership group decided to bench Hodge for a game.

Reply #260855 | Report this post

Dazzman  
Years ago

aaa. Sure I'd love to see Wortho a Sixer but while he's playing along side best mate Anstey he ain't going nowhere.

Reply #260858 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Fill Smythe I never said Wortho wasnt a great player, I said he is a tosser. He walk around with an extremely arrogant look and plays arrogantly. Thats his fault. Maybe if he played on the court like he wrote on his blog I would have a higher opinion of his charector

Reply #260915 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

What would have been nice is Worthington & Westover insist on Hodge himself making the apology. They both acknowledged his disgraceful behaviour, they should both be taking it one step further and making Hodge apologise. Even though the NBL dismissed the incident saying it did not breach the code of conduct, Worthington and Westover saw it differently and the club itself could issue a fine if an apology was not made. I agree Worthington showed his decent side by apologising, but Hodge needs to do it.

Reply #260926 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:15 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754