Camel 31
Years ago

Melbourne @ Cairns 11Dec09

Sub in Anstey and Number 24. - Could be intereting.

Topic #21828 | Report this topic

Camel 31  
Years ago

Looks like Cairns had 6 or 7 contibutors

(number 24 led the way for Mel 18/9/6 - may impress the NBL)

Reply #260916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Of course it will impress the NBL, he'll be right in the running for Player of the Week again regardless of how he played (just like last week).
The NBL needs to go to the house of mirrors and have a good long look at itself.

Reply #260917 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

I'm enjoying the fact that other posters now refer to a particular player as Number 24 and not by his name.

Reply #260923 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Worthington scores 4 points on 1/7 shooting. Shame he didn't play like that against us...

Reply #260928 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Well done to the Phil and the Cairns boys.
Another upset.
If they get into double figures in W column they will have had an outstanding season.
Mills has had a fair bit of criticism this season but seems to have developed into a tidy all round player.
Melbourne shoot themselves in the foot after last weeks dramatics.
I like the look of O'Hea. he has a nice stroke. Needs to toughen up on D though.
Worthington must have been injured surely, it's impossible he could come up with that poor a game, OR was it the activating of Anstey?????

Reply #260929 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Significantly Melzer 12 minutes.
Rampton 17 minutes.
But 42% from FT line.
Kerry Williams is coming to grips with PG role.
Daniel Johnson 8 OR but Melbourne 3-18 from downtown allows Cairns to camp in their zone, I assume?

Reply #260931 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Bill - you're doing a Shane Heal and BT on us and not checking the fouls!! ;P He had four fouls and picked them up at these times:

1st Qtr - 9:06, 2nd Qtr - 9:30, 3rd Qtr - 4:35, 0:58

He also stunk it up at the offensive end by only being 1/7 and had 4 turnovers. By the time he picked up his 4th, the tigers were down 20, and I would presume Al just left him on the bench to rest him as do most coaches with their star players when the game is basically over.

He play around 6.5 minutes in the 1st and 2nd (probably less than usual due to poor shooting/no impact on game) and about 6 mins in the third - interestingly he didn't start the third. Could have been slightly injured or Al went with other players who were playing better?

I must admit, Worthington, although averaging some decent stats (17pts, 7 rbs) isn't haven't the "best of seasons" - he's shooting 37% from the field and jacking up a lot of shots, but then again, there haven't been many other people to jack them up and he's probably been having to create a lot of them himself.

Reply #260935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No. 24 had a great game unlike his performance in Adelaide - he shot 9/15 for 18 points, had 6 rebounds, 9 assists and 2 turnovers. That turnover to assist ratio is pretty good.

Melbourne seem to struggle against Cairns - they need to beat Townsville to stay in it - of course, in Croswell's absence, they don't have a pure point guard.They should look at getting another import to fill Kendall's spot.

Reply #260936 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

4-5 of Hodge's assists came in what was effectively garbage time - five in the last quarter, but four were in the final 2:06. Final quarter, Tigers down 15-20, guys like Lewis and O'Hea in for Melbourne and players I've never even seen play in for Cairns.

I can't see that getting Hodge POTW this time around unless he backs it up in Townsville and gets a win too.

Best option from a losing side so far would be Penney's 29/3/7 against Perth in a tight game. At this point, front runners might be Mills for his 20 against Melbourne or Petrie for 19 and 8 that set up the Blaze for a comeback against Adelaide.

Still three games to go. The loss and no standouts for Adelaide will work against us there. If NZ win and Penney plays well, he could be a shot.

Otherwise, I think a Perth player could be in the box seat if they beat Wollongong - a fair spread of Cats had decent outings in Auckland.

Reply #260941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boti mentioned in today's paper that the Tigers are looking at Craig Bradshaw. I can't understand why they'd be looking at a player like him to suit that team?

Reply #260947 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Tigers are gone. Write it up now.

As for looking at Bradshaw, most unlikely. Reports were they were considering a number of guards to fill in but now their season is over, may as well look to next season.

Reply #260949 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think, as I did, that Boti heard the Tigers were looking at a Kiwi international and thought Bradshaw as he had just been cut in Sth Korea. However, I think the guy theyre looking at is Dickel, who does not have a team at the moment.

Reply #260967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dickel would be a much more obvious fit for that team than Bradshaw, who has signed with Gold Coast

Reply #260977 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Tigers talking to Bradshaw was the rumour I'd heard as well.

Reply #260989 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:07 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754