HAHA
Years ago

Bradshaw signs with Blaze

for the remainder of the season

Topic #21831 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well thats just great..

the guy is a selfish tool.. didnt think joey would want anything to do with him after his stint with the bullets!

Reply #260958 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Joey will at least help him get back on the right path and sort his head out I hope and as far as I'm aware it's just until the end of the season.

Reply #260959 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HAHA aren't all player contracts 'just until the end of the season'?

Reply #260960 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

*tsk*
Put it this way, he was unhappy with all the offers he got, especially when in comparison with the money he would've been making overseas.
I doubt he will want to play here once this stint is over- he's too rich for NBL pay now.

Reply #260961 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

too rich?

how much was he getting in korea?

i think hes pretty overated myself..

what is he 27 now??

Reply #260964 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He wasnt brilliant in Spanish Div 2, and he has been axed from Korea - I think there is a dose of reality coming for Bradshaw, as rich offers in Europe are very hard to come by at the moment, especially for imports.

Reply #260966 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

The Korean league cut guys so often it was practically a sport within itself.
They had a lot of guys trying out for that league and he admittedly lasted longer than some as a 2 draft pick.
I think it was Isaac who previously ran a thread about how many guys they get just trying out for that league it's huge and pay is around the $25k mark a month.
He has improved since he was last in the NBL, he didn't get a lot of court time in either Spain or Korea but when he did he played a good allround game I have to say. *gulp*

My concerns with him are his attitude, but if he listens to Joey and doesn't start acting up again then I think he will at least produce some good results on the court and that's ultimately what they're looking for.

Reply #260969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

25K a month? wouldnt that be around the max nbl salary?

Since Jason Crowe was on $200,000 for his season on the coast..

Reply #260970 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Imports here generally get around AUD$30k+ a month, when the dollar was average it was a big difference- he was on US$.
Don't forget when he last played here he wasn't getting anywhere near that- he had to go overseas to get that kind of money.
When he was with Brisbane he was still an awkward kid straight out of college and that didn't pay much at all.

Reply #260971 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Correct. The money available overseas can be overrated at times.

HaHa, Bradshaw wasnt bad in Spanish Div 2, and his numbers were quite good until late in the season before the coach stopped playing him much for whatever reason, but that is hardly enough to get a big money contract, as evidenced by the fact he ended up in Sth Korea.

But he may end up overseas again, as he is prob worth about $100K to an NBL team with the current cap, and he might get better than that in a weak Euro league where he will be a more valuable player.

Hope not though, I think he is best suited to the NBL style and could build a good career for himself if his attitude is right.

Reply #260972 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

BTW - I dont think there is a 'max' salary anymore. You never know how accurate reports of contract figures are, but I'd say the top salary would be approx $250K this season.

Reply #260973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hmmmm when you look at that you really wonder what the breakers are spending...

Penny, Rickert and CJ all must be pretty close to that 250 mark..

Reply #260976 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Rickert is about $100K apparently. Word is the Breakers are the only team spending thw whole $1mill, with Penney and Bruton taking almost half of it. As I said, never know how accurate reports of salaries are, but that does seem about right.

Reply #260978 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

I thought the Blaze replaced Vanderjagt with Casey Frank?
Who else have they released to bring in Bradshaw?

Reply #260979 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Holy crap big signing!

...yeah I rate him higher than most of you.

Wow.

Reply #260980 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

I think he is best suited to the NBL style and could build a good career for himself if his attitude is right.

And that will be the key for him as well as forgetting about money for the next 3 months.
I'm pretty sure though he will end up overseas again now that he's dipped his toes in other waters out there but whatever Blaze are paying him it's better than nothing and the other grossly inflated flimsy prices he was offered up north.

Either way no club was going to pay him a year's salary for 3 months work.

Reply #260981 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Hendo, Pero Cameron is out injured, I suspect it will now be for the season. Sadly I think the Turkey WCs might be his last hoorah at a high level, and he will play/coach in the NZNBL for a few more years before retiring.

Reply #260983 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Is it just me or are the Blaze full of undervalued players on the points scheme?
Harvey at 8
Gibson at 8
Petrie at 7
Goulding at 1
Maxey and Ubaka clearly aren't valued at 10 and prossibly not even 9 by the looks of it.

Can't really see how they fit under the cap anyway.
With Harvey, Gibson at 8, Petrie, Vukona at 7, Cameron, Frank at 6, Demos at 3, Goulding at 1; this only leaves them 24 points for Bradshaw, Maxey and Ubaka.
For last season, Bradshaw was rated as a 10 (remember it as I thought it was a bit odd), but even if Maxey and Ubaka were the bare minimum for an import at 8, he still would only be able to be an 8.
Most new imports as I understand come in as either a 9 or a 10. Vanderjagt was a 6, which would suggest they are probably both 9s assuming they were using the full points cap. Surely Bradshaw hasn't been downgraded from 10 to 6 over the space of a season?

Reply #260984 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

What do you mean last season?
Bradshaw has not stepped foot on an Australian court for 2 years.

Reply #260986 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

He played for New Zealand 2 years ago.
Then, they didn't retain him after that year.
When the League released the Player Points Ratings for last year's season (how much each player would be worth if contracted for that season), he was rated as a 10.

Bit like although Stephen Black isn't on a list this season, his PPR is still at a 10, so if any team were to pick him up some time this season, they would have to use 10 points on him.

Reply #260987 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Hendo - Frank will be going as soon as Vanderjagt is back. Cameron will be on waivers for Bradshaw.

So if Bradshaw is an 8, which I think is about right, their points total is 68, meaning they are under even if Bradshaw is a 10:
Petrie (7), Maxey (10), Harvey (8), Ubaka (10), Gibson (8)

Vanderjagt (6), Bradshaw (8?), Vukona (7), Goulding (1), Demos (3)

Xzt, no one is disputing his talent, we are talking about his attitude and his ability to get a big paying import gig in Europe, which really only guys at the level of Anstey, Nielsen, Bruton, Newley etc have got.

Reply #260988 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Hendo, Bradshaw's one and only NBL season was with Brisbane because I sat courtside right in front of him for all of it.
He nearly signed with Breakers but the Bullets got to him first and signed him as soon as he left college at Winthrop.

Brisbane has sat out the past 2 seasons- I know, because I'm still waiting for them to get their sh*t together after two years of no games here.
(The only games I get to see are when I'm in Adelaide on business)

Reply #260990 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

He was rated at a 10 because he'd just come out of college.

Reply #260994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The one thing we all know about Bradshaw is that if he decides to be the best player he can be then he will probably become a top three big man in the NBL.

He can shoot the three, is athletic and can finish at the rim and can run the floor. With him, Vukona, Petrie and Maxey they have a great front line

Guards: Gibson, Ubaka, Goulding, Harvey, Demos.
Forwards: Petrie, Vukona, Maxey, Frank
Centre: Bradshaw, Vanderjagt*

Nice, considering they're already on a roll

Reply #261119 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bradshaw a centre? Brilliant. He's a 6-10 small forward and soft as.

Reply #261139 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Bradshaw has nothing in the post, all his moves are facing the basket, athletic forward at most. can play but needs to lay down on the couch and get some stuff off his chest and then get on with it

Reply #261205 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Moody guy for sure- I wouldn't be the first to say it!
Let's see what happens though.
I'm pretty sure he signed his contract yesterday then went home but not sure when he suits up or actually starts training, but I'd say Joey'd want him there pretty quick.

Reply #261279 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Anyone know if he's cleared to play the Sixers tomorrow?

Reply #261373 | Report this post

Cats Fan  
Years ago

This guy is a terrefic finisher under the rim. he is a good rebounder and will give them a better frontcourt with maxey. they just got better.

Reply #261449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is that you Bradshaw I bet you update your own wikipedia entry too with stuff that makes you sound better than you are.

Reply #261515 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:56 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754