Skud
Years ago

36ers Sharpening the axe - Seven News

Ads on TV hinting at sackings or sackings to come, wont be home if someone could report on whats said would be Hugely grateful.

Isaac pls delete this if it turns out to be media bablle ;)

Topic #21850 | Report this topic

HAHA  
Years ago

Oooh!

Reply #261280 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

ohaa.. will turn on 7 news - thanks for that..

Reply #261282 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Camel 31's usually the one for this - does a great job at recapping TV and radio reports.

Reply #261284 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

Channel 9 just said the same!!!!!

Reply #261286 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I'll have to try and watch both, then..
(maybe - at a guess , after reading Boti today, Groves and Richard Hill may stand down - only a guess)

Reply #261287 | Report this post

PodMan  
Years ago

No such luck....story was just about them re-jigging the starting 5 and they will be sticking with Groves.

Reply #261289 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

A beat-up. Ch9 showed Ninnis saying that Groves is safe and the team is stronger for losing.
If that is the case, just imagine how "disappointed" the team would be if they were losing?

Reply #261294 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

7 was Sixers big shake up - Burston starting and Groves to the bench and working on mental pressure at a tough training session today.

9 was misfiring Import Cortez Groves is safe FOR NOW.
Speculation only at this stage, realising that they hadn't acted fast enough in the past. The discussion was - do they cut him and pay out his contract,or keep him and not play him ????
In the mean time he is relegated to the bench ,with Mat Burston starting.

Reply #261295 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Wow, so much inspired thinking there by the coaching staff. Really? Start the guy you have always said that you brought in to start but for injury?

No news is good news, particularly when the news is no news at all.

Reply #261296 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Aw well - it had to be said. For there were those at the game that clapped when he finally took Groves off ,with about 2 mins to go,and those that got up and started walking out early,in disappointment - who wouldn't be hurrying back on Wednesday. But at least a bitta news about Burston starting and Groves to the bench will please a lotta fans.

Reply #261301 | Report this post

illicit  
Years ago

my 2 cents is start Burston, Balls, Holmes, Herbert an Gilly, with Ng the first player to be subbed on. Herbert plays hard as hell an gives us that hustle like brad davidson did last year.

Reply #261314 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Yeah - I think so illicit.

((As for Cortez Groves - He hasn't lost a step, but he just doesn't think he can do it anymore - lost all confidence in himself.)

Reply #261319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I honestly feel a tad sorry for groves.. i agree camel hasnt lost his game just his confidence!

Had an interestiong thought today. How about trying tez at the point and switching gilly to the 2 spot and play more as a free scorer thoughts?? tez played his best at the 1 and with his penetration and passing skills can draw and pass to burston and balls?

Lets really get behind him sixers fan.. we support our players through good and bad not just when there winning, i really hope it turns around for him

Reply #261321 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Yea i was thinking that today also, i reckon Gilchrist could be a good maher/CJ bruton like combo guard and putting Groves at the point like he did in Wollongong may help him find his form, wouldnt hurt i dont think.

Reply #261322 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Minutes at point penetrating,drawing,passing to Burston and Ballinger. Get to him -'Your a wonderful athlete with NFI - we believe you can do it. But YOU don't. Come on now, it's all in your head.'

Reply #261324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

worth a try maybe.. or maybe ninnis should just say " look mate your free to turn it on tonight go out there and show us the player you are"

Reply #261326 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

What is it with imports comming to Adelaide and not performing. Had a ban run about it all lately I think, sorry for the miss big info post sounded like someone was deff gone on the ads

Reply #261327 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

got people watching i spoze

Reply #261331 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Hehe yeh, I was told if I get the ratings up higher Ill be promoted...Tick for job done thanks guys :) jks

Reply #261345 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

Groves was a terrible import to begin with.

Made no sense whatsoever.

Like I've said before, Tyndale and Chapell were better than him.

Reply #261714 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:34 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754