Ingles13
Years ago

Off topic: Lag in COD MW 2?

Is it just my internet, or does everyone who plays COD: modern warfare 2 suffer pretty bad lag in Australia.

Its frustrating always having 1 or 2 bars of connection and getting killed because of lag.

Does anyone else suffer the same problems?
Any tips on how to improve this?

thanks

Topic #21855 | Report this topic

Thomo  
Years ago

servers are peer to peer so you rely on the host having a good connection of which no one knows who is the host even the host,

unfortunetly thats its fail,

Reply #261332 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

LOL funny this finally made it here.

PS3 problem was that when you connect your looking for a 100ms connection, so youll join any game usually American and then be lagging.
Youll notice with the last patch it now searches for a 50ms ping and slowly works its way upto and past 100ms. In a game like MW2 80-90 seconds is just painful to handle.
If your connecting to Australian hosted games as you should be if you watch at that ping its trying to connect and your lagging then yes its your internet connection.
When you try to join a game watch wat ping its searching for, after 70 back out and try again..you might have to play a different style game to get a decent connection if few Aussie are playing. I now have no problems and will get 3-4 green bars constantly since the last patch

Reply #261344 | Report this post

bull  
Years ago

u can tell who is the host at start of game. make sure ur not downloading anything when trying to play online

Reply #261347 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Since the patch it has been lag free for me (on PS3).

Best bet to see if it is your connection is to get some mates online and host a private match and see if it lags in there (aussies only).

Reply #261357 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if it had dedicated servers on PC it would be good but no so fail

Reply #261412 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

The stopped dedicated servers because of the complaints some players had that they didnt understand connecting to servers so couldnt play online.
You cant please everyone. Dedicated servers were always only for PC's so is a silly expense really. With the lag now fixed you dont really have a valid complaint.

Reply #261414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Play Combat Arms free fps on line not bad for a free game

Reply #261425 | Report this post

Modern Girl  
Years ago

I found having 1 bar of signal on COD 4 made the game not worth playing; however having 1 bar on MW2 don't seem to make much difference in lag time.

I almost exclusively played domination on COD4 but cant stand it on MW2. I much prefer mercenary team death match now, but capture the flag can be fun.

LOVE the heat scopes!!

Reply #261728 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

I rarely have lag issues playing MW2 on PS3.

Reply #261786 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:38 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754