Fill Smythe
Years ago

Sack Ninnis? You've got the wrong person

Sack Gilchrist!!
Takes too long too set up an offence, hence we rush too many shots.
He needs to recognize that Balls is on the same team.
Needs to stop padding his own stats.
Should accept the fact that some players (Homicide) are better than he is, and play good team basketball instead of trying to be a hero.
Improve his body language when he's been beaten (Hammer called the wrong player a sook).

Topic #21873 | Report this topic

Skud  
Years ago

This probaly could have been put in the Sack ninnis petition post but ok.
I dunno about Gilchrist to be honest, I think he could be a top player given 1 more seaon, if after that hes still the same let him walk.
I say Sack Ninnis because its his JOB to tell Gilchrist to move the offence faster, or probaly more relevant, to get the OTHER players creating passing opportunities, which we are severely lacking. Also look at the lineup Gilchrist is given, Hill, Groves, Herbert, Holmes. Non of them are high scoring players, they do there bit..well Herbert and Holmes do but they dont create scoring chances. Who in that group would you pass to....
If we have the right rotations I think Gilchrist can do well every game, he is also our second highest avg scorer only .1 behind Balls. So maybe to much blame on the only other real scoring player in the team.

Reply #261589 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

you say sack Gilchrist then complain that Groves does the same thing of holding on to the ball. Maybe its the offence, there is no movement hence nobody to pass to. Gilchrist is almost single handedly saving our playoff chances, getting the stats he is in Ninnis's crappy offence is quiet good.

Reply #261591 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Yes what a horrible season he is having at 19ppg, 6rpg, 4apg! Sack him immediately!

He has been slow bringing the ball up thats right but he is improving on that so give the guy some credit if that is his only downfall! I don't like him trying to do too much like the next guy but he is having a great season so far

Reply #261592 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

There was a movie I seen one time - The ship's captain whipping the sailor, who laughed every time he got whipped. 'What ya laughing at?' captain asked
"Aw..your whipping the wrong fella"

Anyways - I think I'd keep Groves and run him off the bench. Aw wait a minute your talking about Gilchrist.
AW well I'm confused.. sack 'em both then.
And it's all Ninnis's fault with dribble drive stagnant offence ..sack him also..

Reply #261593 | Report this post

hands talk  
Years ago

mate Gilchrist should be one of the last players to be sacked, Ninnis has no idea how to utilise gilly and balls with his stupid dribble drive offence and 32 screen game (turnouts)

Reply #261596 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

A point guard with 4 apg. I rest my case.

Reply #261599 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I would not rest on that Argument if I were you. He is the equal leading assist getter in the league this season (67), equal with CJ, who has played one more game.

Reply #261601 | Report this post

kman  
Years ago

Totally agree, his attitude sucks he slouches his shoulders in crucisl times and disappears. Wastes the clock massively and why isnthe feeding ballinger the ball for 20 plus shots a game?. The wrong man for the team , yes he can penetrate but big deal.

Reply #261603 | Report this post

kman  
Years ago

Totally agree, his attitude sucks he slouches his shoulders in crucisl times and disappears. Wastes the clock massively and why isnthe feeding ballinger the ball for 20 plus shots a game?. The wrong man for the team , yes he can penetrate but big deal.

Reply #261604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The 36ers havent had a dribble drive offence for at least 2 months, but of course you experts obviously knew that already!

Reply #261686 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Let me start by saying that I like Gilchrist but I will say that he is the worst player I have seen use a pick and roll.

If he gets doubled on the pick he just backs away.

He never gets the ball to the roller.

He never attacks the basket off the pick.

If that is how he is going to play the pick and roll there is no reason to run it. You may as well go flat and just let him take his player off the dribble.

Watch last night's replay - he doesn't use it once.

Reply #261701 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Aw - no dribble drive for two (2) MONTHS ..

Anyways - On Sat Burston Ballinger Gilchrist Herbert Ng were best ...as they were again on Wed.

Reply #261718 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Agree with Camel31. How you could want to sack Gilchrist is beyond me...

Reply #261720 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Gilchrist is leading the league in assists

Reply #261729 | Report this post

oberon50  
Years ago

Not for the first time on this forum, Fill Smythe has demonstrated his limited basketball knowledge.

Sack Gilchrist? Hilarious.

Reply #261745 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Gilchrist and Ballinger between them are pretty much the only reason we still have a shot at the play offs. Gilly can light it up on any given night, can get to the basket at will and his defence is quite reasonable. Sure he may need to work on his passing but give him time and that will surely come.

Sacking Gilly is the same as committing suicide. We can pretty much kiss our season goodbye without him.

Reply #261791 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:55 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754