the balls
Years ago

best of the decade

watching the nba pre game yesterday they gave some of the awards of the decade and it got me and my friends talking about the nbl best like

Team of the decade , players of the decade , game of the decade etc

i was thinking the brisbane bullets team of 2007 for team of the decade ..player of the decade a few names were thrown around cj bruton sam mckinion or chris anstey ?
game of the decade we all agree the massive come back in 2003 out scoring perth 45-11 what a comeback

would love to hear some other peoples thoughts ?

Topic #21898 | Report this topic

Big Marty  
Years ago

Probably hit all 3 on the head right there.

Although the Game 3 Semi vs. the Hawks would rate up there (despite the screwjob).

Anstey would have to be there considering he's won more honors than the rest.

Bullets would have to rate at the top considering their stellar season a few years back. Although the Tigers would have a good say considering they have the majority of the titles this decade too.

Reply #262076 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The Sydney King's team that won a few titles and threw off the 'violet crumbles' tag should also rate a mention when discussing teams, alongside the Melbourne Tigers and Brisbane Bullets.

Anstey, CJ Bruton, Sam Mackinnon, Shane Heal probably are the contenders...

Reply #262077 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

My team of the decade (All-Aussie):

C: Chris Anstey (MVP, 2 x Sengstock medal, def player, 2 rings)
PF: Matt Neilson (MVP, Sengstock medal, 2 rings)
SF: Sam Mackinnon (MVP, Sengstock medal, def player, 1 ring)
SG: Jason Smith (Sengstock medal, 3 rings?)
PG: Brett Maher (Sengstock medal, 1 ring)

---
Bench:
C: Mark Bradtke (MVP, all time rebounder, 1 ring)
PF: Chris Williams (MVP, Sengstock medal, 1 ring)
SF: Glen Saville (Sengstock medal, def player, 1 ring)
SG: Kirk Penney (MVP)
PG: CJ Bruton (3 rings)

Coach: Brian Goorjian

It hurts me to have to put as many people in that I chose to dislike when they were playing against us, but that is probably just a measure of their worth.

Highly successful role players such as David Stiff and Brett Wheeler are unfortunate to miss in favour of more dominant players. But they deserve a mention for their contribution to so many successful teams.

Reply #262097 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

*(All Aussie starting 5):*

Reply #262098 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:16 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754