Anonymous
Years ago

Which one is the better Memphis alum...

Derrick Rose (Point Guard, 6-3, 180lbs, No.1 pick)
Tyreke Evans (Point Guard, 6-6, 220lbs, No.4 pick)

Both are one and done's from Memphis under Calipari, Rose was a number one overall pick, Evans number 4. They're different guards but both are deadly when in they're rhythm. Neither player is on a good team however, which do you rate as the better player and who will have a better career...

I take Evans as he seems to have a better feel for the game and things come to him. Niether are good shooters but Evans is slightly better from deep. Evans will use his size all career long to post up any opposition guard.

Topic #21917 | Report this topic

MACDUB  
Years ago

Ty has been 'Reekn Havoc this year.

I want to know people's thoughts..Is Evans really a bonafide (i.e. Legit) Point Guard or is he just playing the PG role because the Kings lack a good PG?
I mean Sergio Rodriguez is the only other PG option and he isn't exactly the best PG going around.

I have seen his passing ability on NBA highlights and he certainly has court vision. Would it be better to leave him at the PG position or shift him to the SG position..talking long term here.

Reply #262297 | Report this post

chucker  
Years ago

Udrih is the primary backup PG, Sergio is number 3 in the rotation. 'Reke is an undersized 2 guard, but a player is a player. But them on the court at whatever position.

Derrick Rose will be an All-Star first, me thinks. As a PG, he fits the bill better.

However, I've been wrong before... I always thought Oden would destroy the league, sadly that looks like it won't ever happen.

Reply #262305 | Report this post

Not sure i'd call him an undersized 2 guard, he's a big unit, amongst the biggest 2's in the league

And as an All-Star Evans will be there pretty soon, I rate him pretty high amongst the West's guards this year already.

Oh and i'll take Evans all day everyday, he's a good one!!

Reply #262306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've watched most Kings game this year. Tyreke is definitely the point guard, but when Udrih comes in he shifts to the 2. To be honest, i don't think it matters which spot he plays, but at the point he seems to be able to dominate his smaller opponents and seems to be more effective.

He's quite unique in that he is so tall (in comparison), but is actually more skillful and quicker than most of his smaller opponents. If that jump shot comes along, there is no doubt he will be a yearly All-Star!

Reply #262308 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

I wouldn't expect either Rose or Evans to be an all-star anytime soon. The guard position is stacked in both conferences now. Only hope for either would be if they pull off an upset and get a reserves spot.

Reply #262320 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Way too early to judge each player against the other. Both have talent and potential and both play differently.

Reply #262322 | Report this post

chucker  
Years ago

For some reason I was sure he was 6-4, but at least I admitted I've been wrong before... Consistency is not alway a blessing.

Reply #262387 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Once again, there are both sides to a court people!!

Tyreke has blown away scouts with his D which means he must get the nod in front of Rose who seems to be a shadow in D.

Tyreke is a guard, not a point, not a shooter strictly speaking, just a guard you want on the floor for 48 minutes if he could.

I imagine him being more like a Roy, cruising through games and warming up for the 4th when he is used to run every play.

Reply #262500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rose is marginally better now, Evans may be a better long term pro...

Calipari is a criminal with the things he gets away with...

Reply #262545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The average size according to ESPN for a shooting guard in the NBA is 196cm or 6-foot-5".

Tyreke is 199cm or 6-foot-6 and a 1/2 and weighs in around 103kg or over 220lbs. He is described as an NFL fullback. And an extremely fast and skiled one

Reply #262647 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:09 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754