blazeboi
Years ago

Blaze MVP

Probably has the most even roster in the league, but here is my mvp order as the season has gone thus far and predicted results for season end for all blaze players. you can agree or disagree. shows the depth as harvey isnt even top 3.

1. Ubaka
2. Petrie
3. Gibson
4. Harvey
5. Maxey
6. Goulding
7. Vukona
8. Demos
9. Vanderjagt
10. Bradshaw
11. Joiner
12. Cameron
13. Frank
14. Ammar
15. Teys

reasoning:

joiner only played 2 games but is ahead of a few due to his 18 point game. Gibsons consistency gets him the nod ahead of the hot and cold harvey.

Discuss

Topic #21919 | Report this topic

Bill  
Years ago

Blaze have crept in under the radar.
Ubaka is a strange one. He's definitely team MVP and he could threaten league MVP.
Offensively hee switches on and off in a game.He can be aggressive, sometimes overdribbles, creates well enough and when he gets that perimeter shot going can take over a game.
The further the Blaze go the brighter will star will be. Probably tied with Corey Williams for 2nd behind McKee at this stage.
Stats unimportant, it's how far they take their teams.
Agree with Gibson and after initial impact Maxey's output has fallen away.

Reply #262312 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

I'd look at moving Maxey up a few places there. Ubaka, Petrie, Maxey would be the better choices.

Reply #262314 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maxey plays no D

Reply #262330 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Not sure if he as big a standout as you think Bill. Agreed he can 'turn it on' at times and take over a game but IMO Petrie is this teams MVP at the moment. His consistency and work ethic are outstanding. He would also be miles ahead as the coaches choice for team MVP at the moment.

Gibbo also has shown great maturity and leadership this year, if the Blaze can keep him on the coast long term I seem him as being our skipper for as long as he wants the job.

As for Harvey - at times I think he has looked too tight and almost trying too hard. IMO he just needs to relax and let the game come to him a bit more. At times he has been forcing shots and while he can at times hit some amazing shots off the dribble I feel he is best when working off screens to catch and shoot.

If the Blaze can continue to improve their team defense (and defend a pick and roll) they will be a massive threat to take out the championship as when we are on we can outscore anyone.

Reply #262338 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

I wonder if Tomlinson will be a bit more responsible with what he spent last year's XMas Party on now that they're having this year's one tonight.

Reply #262427 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:14 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754