aaa
Years ago

Under 23 Player- Give him a go!!

Why did our U23 player not get any minutes last night!!!

What is the point having him on the team. Jacob and herb out injured during the game, why not give the guy some minutes and see if he can play!!!!

Topic #21928 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

They have before and he's not too good. Plus would be demoralizing for him to go out there in that situation.

Reply #262494 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Anon,
if he is that bad, why?

Reply #262495 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Better than Brad Hill was. The guy was looking so good too from his first few possessions and then flopped for the rest of it.

Considering his years in the league, I personally wouldn't look at having him back next season. Not when there's talent elsewhere.

Reply #262499 | Report this post

MadeInThe'Laide  
Years ago

Yeah, lets get rid of what I expect is a cheap, talented, home grown talent like Brad Hill. Smart comment :/

Reply #262501 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

His old man is assistant coach and part owner - he will be back!!!

Reply #262502 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Brad Hill deserves to be in the team.

Molitor while young isn't good enough to play in the NBL just yet. Thats why he doesn't go out there in a crucial game.

Reply #262505 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Get rid of Brad Hill? You must be joking!

As for Molitor, he is not up to NBL standard.

Reply #262508 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I can never understand why people would sacrifice a better player from interstate for a poor home grown talent. I keep saying it, its a National League therefore you have to get the best nationally. I would give up Brad Hill in an instant for a player showing more expertise and better ball handling skills for the same years of playing. There are other opportunities in your own state in a lesser league if you are not up to the level of NBL. Look at the CEO's of companies, they are sought after from all over the world because the best available is needed whether that be at home or elsewhere. I want a competitive and successful team, not go and watch local talent being given a go just because they are local. I go to ABA games for that.

Reply #262512 | Report this post

arrow345  
Years ago

brad hill cant hit a shot i cant remember the last time he got off a good shot and hit it. his father is the reason for his position on the team.

Reply #262517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brad Hill still thinks he is playing for Eastern where he could do everything himself, and sometimes needed too. No wonder our offence stagnates when he and Gilchrist like to go coast to coast or run the shot clock down to single digits dribbling around. Hill, lazy non team player. Don't start me on Gilchrist and Molly sadly is their for decoration not up to NBL standard.

Reply #262518 | Report this post

quasi  
Years ago

Cmon guys, you've got to admit that it's about time that Brad Hill shows some sort of consistency and development after having a couple of previous years experience in the league. Yes, he's still young, yes he is a local and yes he has talent, but how long do we have to wait to see a breakout season from him? He can't string 2 good games together! He's always been good off the dribble, but the opposition has figured out that his spin to the baseline is a favourite and he now gets double teamed down there. He doesn't have a consistent jump shot, is not a good free throw shooter, doesn't score more than 5 a game, doesn't rebound exeptionally well for his height and does nothing offensively without the ball. His defense is often utterly questionable as well. He seems to have a dip at the 2 spot occasionally and you shudder to see his handle on the ball. He doesn't seem to have a good mental understanding of the game either. How long will it take for him to develop into the player he could be or for the coaching team to figure out that it may never happen?

Reply #262527 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

If I remember correctly, his best game was his first where he kept some bloke called Andrew Gaze almost scoreless. I think Hill scored a few in that game too?

Reply #262528 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

i cant belevie you guys are jumping on the wagon so quick.......again...fark, it's a shallow pool of supporters that go for the kill so fast after a loss in a season that has little to offer..

first grove's, then hill, next holmes, then ninnis...

in all honesty, i think most if not all of this team fits the owners budget..including the coach, if they could buy more for less i am sure they would..

as for playing the under 23....get the sucker on the court, coz if they dont show him out there, how will they know to keep him or not?
if he's not NBL material...ciao to him...

Reply #262529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BMF said it all. Also Hill has been playing the whole season hurt.

Reply #262530 | Report this post

quasi  
Years ago

Fair enough, but if he's that hurt, should he be playing every match?

Reply #262532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

his injurie wont get worse with him playing it needs good period of rest. it just affects his explosivness to jump and get off the mark.

Reply #262544 | Report this post

hanging round  
Years ago

How can we judge Molitor if he plays 2 mins over 8 weeks?
Is he up to it? - Try him and allow him to get some confidence.
Look at Burdon- great player but limited tim last year, but now inlimbo due to new NBL rules.

Reply #262548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the coach can see in training that he is not ready to play.

Reply #262552 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I'd guess with game injuries to Herbert and Holmes , then he had to/turned to Hill who's also outta sorts.
(fitness and form)
Ballinger and Groves possibly not 100% - pregame fitness tests, just enough to play.
We missed a little bit of Burston going off with blood

(sometimes I pop next door and have a look at a bitta training, which always interesting.)

Reply #262556 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Play Garlepp before Hill then.

Reply #262596 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

No.
play Burdon before Groves -NO.
play u23 - just forgotten his name - NO.

Reply #262600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its Chris Molitor and he should be given a chance he is a versatile big body.

Reply #262634 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

I'd like to see Molitor given a shot. Without real court time (rubbish time even) its impossible to see whether hes going to have what it takes to make it in the NBL.

As for Hill hes to inconsistant, will pull of a great layup then just disapear for the rest of the game or be a plain liability. If he doesnt have it now, hes not going to learn it. Being a South Australian should never mean your put in over more talented players.

Infact the only thing Hill has going for him is the way himself and Ng teamup for alley's. Clearly alot of time spent practising them.

Reply #262635 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

his father is the reason for his position on the team.
I think his past record and very low points value in recent times have done far more to keep him in the team.

Reply #262690 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Hill missed being our U23 player by a few weeks.

Reply #262692 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

I think Hill is a legit NBL player, he is young and perhaps not moving as fast as some of you guys would like, but....given enough time I think we will have a player for a few years...

I would like to see more consistent performances on the offensive end, and perhaps stepping up to take a more potent player from the other teams...really making a name for himself on both ends...

he has the size and the game...at times...

Reply #262697 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:25 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754