Isaac
Years ago

Funny ABL Round 2 & attention 36ERS fans

I've updated the ABL schedule on the forum index for this weekend's games.

If you are a 36ERS fan who reads this site but who has not checked out an ABL game, spare some time this weekend to give it a go. You can be courtside for $5 or $6 and see two games in a row. The standard of play is very good and definitely entertaining.

There should be a game near to almost everyone -- this weekend's games are at Marion, Starplex (up north), Pasadena, Wayville and out at the Dome.

If you're looking for a clash of forum posters, head to Marion. Centrals vs Norwood should be a competitive match-up. You can see a few current 36ERS in the Sturt vs Eastern game (including ex-development player Brad Davis, now leading the Mavericks). West will be looking to redeem themselves against the Eagles. And in the only Sunday game, the young Warriors host North at the Dome. (remember Mike McKay? He'll be playing!)

For the price of a glass of wine, you can see almost four hours of quality basketball. For the price of two glasses of wine, you can see almost four hours of basketball, and have a glass of wine. ;)

Topic #2196 | Report this topic

Years ago

Isaac, the Sturt website says that the women are now back to the early time.

Reply #24787 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Thanks. Changed it back.

Reply #24793 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

North playing Woodville this weekend? Lucky it's not at Hillcrest. Woodville can't afford another season-ending injury just yet. Wonder how Ryan Meakin feels about facing up to good friend Mike McKay?! ;-)

Reply #24805 | Report this post

Avanti  
Years ago

Isaac,

Well done on the ABL sales pitch, you've just about convinced me to get out to a game!

Where are Norwood home games played? I live not far from MARS stadium, but I know from a while back Norwood keeping it as home was a hot topic!!

Otherwise it might have to be Pasadena...

Reply #24823 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Norwood are playing out of the Dome along with Woodville.

Eastern will definitely miss Holmes this season, but Brad Davis is a great player and their other guards are tireless.

Oscar and Darren were very entertaining against West and it was still a decent game to watch despite the blow-out. I'm definitely planning on being at Pasadena for Sturt vs Eastern.

Reply #24825 | Report this post

Avanti  
Years ago

SOLD!

Reply #24827 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:26 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754