Gravity
Years ago

Referee Admin Officer-whose next in line

As we read Heidi has resigned as Referee Admin Officer,anybody you know who will take on the position.Any names??I feel one of the District UICs,
Durant,Bridgeman,Filmer,Mayne.

Topic #21963 | Report this topic

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Nathan Wieland?

Or is he too busy working at his high school doing IT work?

Reply #262846 | Report this post

Neville Nobody  
Years ago

Champ. Nathan Wieland is already Officiating Manager. He works for BSA and not District basketball

Reply #262855 | Report this post

Air Man  
Years ago

My tip Bridgeman,UIC at wayville,might not want the night job and just settle for day job at BSA

Reply #262871 | Report this post

Neville Nobody  
Years ago

Bridgeman would be robbing Peter to pay Paul. He has been doing a good job with what he has been doing. So who would replace Neal?

Reply #262882 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Neville

Thank you for clearing that up. I'll have to issue Nathan with a Technical Foul.

Reply #262884 | Report this post

At the half  
Years ago

Nathan is full time for officials in SA
the job Heidi was doing is part time and pays peanuts

Durant & Filmer are not UIC & Bridgeman already works full time for BSA & Wayville?

the job will go to someone who is a "bitch" for Nathan to do all the odd jobs etc

To be honest I think Nathan sould be doing those duties on his pay packet because there is no need to spend more money on umpires when BSA are already paying a full time person

he does not even have to do rosters, they get done by volonteers like the UIC's - it's all a bit of a joke...

Reply #262891 | Report this post

Neville Nobody  
Years ago

"At the half" if you read Nathan's job description, there was no mention of rostering. Nathan's role is about Officiating Development. Floor Officials, Table Officials and Statisticians. He not only is responsible for District, but all BSA Basketball Officiating Development. That includes SA Country.

Reply #262904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is an admin officer and what skills would be required and what pay rate would they be looking at.
My thoughts would be
1. Communication skills, being able to phone and talk recruit, listen, mediate, problem solve etc.(in other words not tied up with their own egos or bias perception)
2. Some IT skills
3.Able to work after hours
4.Collecting data,filing etc

Is this a trainee position or someone that has an established role within the refereeing community or maybe a mum looking for some extra family income or looking to get back into the workforce?

Reply #263011 | Report this post

Gravity  
Years ago

Must have referee knowledge to do this sort of work,its not a trainee for the mums who are looking for some parttime work,its pays peanuts,they will probably advertise locally.Feel that they will save money by getting someone within BSA to do this ,like those who are working at BSA likes of Durant and Bridgman.

Reply #263099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Durant Nathan, is a policeman why would he bother unless you mean Amy Durant

Reply #263105 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:43 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754