http://linky.com.au/11fj7

Reply #262863 | Report this post

helium  
Years ago

cos they're are shite - its a basketball game not a night club

Reply #262869 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Yeh they really wouldnt suit, at all. I think we do need more High Tempo recognizable music but they have to suit a family event, not having a bunch of pill poppers with their skylines.

And in the hope the music man reads this, can we cut out thoe silly "you suck" noises.. Sportmanship ppl sportsmanship. Specially when were loosing its embarrasing.

Reply #262875 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Zombie nation is a must!

Reply #262880 | Report this post

dave  
Years ago

its got merit but i agree, its not the place for family basketball. they wouldnt play it at the football (soccer) so no chance

Reply #262900 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

That's a big ice hockey song, loads of teams play it after they score a goal, works well in that environment.

Reply #262909 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"And in the hope the music man reads this, can we cut out thoe silly "you suck" noises.. Sportmanship ppl sportsmanship. Specially when were loosing its embarrasing." -Skud

I haven't heard the Kurt Angle "You Suck" song for ages (banned). Unless You're talking about something else. Either way, it certainly has it's place in extreme circumstances.

"they wouldnt play it at the football (soccer) so no chance" -Dave

Are you f#*!ing serious dave??? Why write "football" when you have to explain right afterwards that you actually meant soccer? We are in Australia you moron.

Reply #262912 | Report this post

dave  
Years ago

XzTatiK, the problem is most people know football as the Aussie Rules Game and not soccer. Dont matter whether we are, the whole issue is those tunes arent suitable. OK!

Learn to lose the attitude and if you cant, then hella disappear! Cos the whole point of forums is to give 'your' view. Your an A grade conehead mate

Reply #262990 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"XzTatiK, the problem is most people know football as the Aussie Rules Game and not soccer."

That's not a "problem", that's our culture. We call football football and soccer soccer... simple.

I apologize for going offtopic but then again "the whole point of forums is to give 'your' view."

Reply #262997 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

XzTatiK I ment the little recorded comments, not a song. I can put up with "Hit the road jack" and such but its the "you suck" that comes out when someone misses a freethrow, to me just not called for.

and what the hell does "hella disapear" mean. Doesnt even come close to making sense.

Reply #263019 | Report this post

dave  
Years ago

Thats right XzTatik, u gave your view however you feel as if your dumping on someone else's response can be justified. Btm line, this music doesnt work in the australian version of basketball. Pure and simple!

Reply #263049 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Ahhk Skud, I thought you were talking about the song. I can't say I've even heard the "you suck" quote but I'll hella keep an ear out ;)

"Thats right XzTatik, u gave your view however you feel as if your dumping on someone else's response can be justified."

Uhh dumping on the way you wrote "football" only to explain that you meant soccer... yeah. I actually don't disagree with your opinion on the music.

Reply #263055 | Report this post

Detroit  
Years ago

LOL....

Shit when things look bad, go to hoops and see three guys going around in circles.

Lost for words, but thank you.

Reply #263355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

X - your increasingly regular putdowns of other posters and the fact you seem to be posting these days as often as everyone else combined is reminding me of one DDFan....

IMO its time to settle down and think a bit more before you push 'post'

Reply #263360 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Anon, ignoring the fact that your opinion would carry twice the weight if you were a Hoops regular with a name, obviously I'm pretty passionate about football being called football in this country and soccer, soccer. I don't think 'Moron' was all that harsh, but I'll try not to make it personal in the future. What can I say? People calling soccer "football" pisses me off more than anything I can think of.

Other than that I certainly wouldn't think that my "putdowns of other posters" are all that regular at all. I actually can't think of an example of that since brief arguments DoDaBonk and EC last year, the latter of which being pretty heavily "put down" by just-about everyone on here.

Please feel free to provide a few examples or criticize my posts specifically when they occur, the last thing I want is a DD-like reputation on here.

As for the post count, well half come from the Hoops FNBL thread each week (which I assume only we read) and as long as I'm a few dozen behind LC in I'm happy :P

Thanks.

Reply #263377 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:16 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754