Ranga
Years ago

State team Assistant Coaches named

Congrat's to all the coaches that were selected for State Coaching roles this year.

Just have 1 questions who are: Michael Chrisan (U18 Boys)
Jo Clark (U18 Girls)

http://linky.com.au/gutvv

Topic #21981 | Report this topic

roger  
Years ago

Michael Crisan coached at Forestville about 2 seasons ago in U16B1 and before that was a 12's coach. I think he's at Sturt now.

Reply #263091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

AT sturt , no kiding..

Reply #263096 | Report this post

Ranga  
Years ago

So 8 coaches from Sturt. Wow if you wanna make state as a coach it looks like its the same as playing. U GOTTA BE A STURT!!!

And thats why basketball in this state will continue to get better and better!!!

Reply #263098 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

maybe the program is better there?
maybe no one else applied for the jobs?

there are other reasons than just club...some people are so fickle.....

Reply #263101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

8/16 thats 50% of the coaches from Sturt. Considering they are by far the strongest club and almost the largest club in SA I would suggest they are almost under represented in terms coaching staff.

Also, should the most talented, successful and exprienced coaches in the state not get a state coaching role because they are from Sturt?

BTW: I am not from Sturt and I hate Sturt ;). Just that the above is reality.

Reply #263102 | Report this post

old times  
Years ago

well done jo about time you got involved in state, you should have done it years ago.....

Reply #263107 | Report this post

old times  
Years ago

Jo has been a very good coach for years first at west and now at eagles, Jo also has played state so she should know what its about (BE it many years ago HA HA )

Reply #263109 | Report this post

dog 35  
Years ago

Fantastic to see experienced David Spear ( West Adelaide) as an assistant in U/16 boys. Will not be a "yes man" to Liam Flynn and hopefully provide some alternatives to the predictable "Sturt" focus.
Also nice to see some 'alternative' thinking in the U/18 boys with the head coach from South Adelaide I believe.

Reply #263115 | Report this post

hanging round  
Years ago

Jo will be a great pick-up for our state players.
She is hard but fair and has a great basketball brain.
Well done Jo!

Reply #263116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You croweaters are so harmonious when it comes to all things state!

You're so willing to cannibalise each other and bag each other out. No wonder you can't get your stuff together.

If the Sturt thing is so strong, why doesn't the next club attempt to develop their coaches and make their club better?

When was the last time Sturt had a male at the AIS?

Daniel Carlin is pretty good. He's not a Sturt boy is he? How the hell did he make it through then?

Reply #263123 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

Ahh I think there is some disharmony and perhaps jealously going on.

I actually think that most is misunderstood stuff..I doubt most people have even spoken to any of the current coaches or selection panel members...

and let's not forget lots of kids get on this forum...

conngrats to all the coaches...they have obviously done the work at sasi which i am sure is one criteria to getting a coaches gig...

Reply #263133 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Do you have to be a member of SASI to get into a State Team?

Reply #263149 | Report this post

Truley  
Years ago

Claybrin McMath and Brad Hill were both Sturt Juniors. Before that was Jacob Holmes and Oscar Foreman, with Jared Wilson and Leigh Carlson.

Reply #263154 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

Not that I am aware, but i would think the coaches would have to have some contact hours with it...

Reply #263155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you will find most dont apply for the state gigs regardless what clubs they coach at because they basically have a life outside of basketball.
Those that are brave or naive enough to apply wont be picked because GOD is a basketball snob and if you havent come in under his radar, what would you know. If you havent come through the NG school of Ball you cant coach !!!.! Hence they have head hunted outside of the intial applicants for people who are over qualified for assistant roles rather then let some of the other newer applicants have a go.

Reply #263167 | Report this post

Jimmy Recard  
Years ago

yes few apply year in year out.

but the head coaches are well spread.

BG Sturt
Lf Sturt
Cm South
TS Nwd
Tc Forr/ Sturt
SP Nwd

Forestville not represented cos they are country coaches otherwise they would be on the list.

Not much issues with any of these guys , they are exc coaches all of them

Reply #263168 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

Ahh I think Neil has his ways, it is after all his program and as such should be looking out for what he believes in...

just because it's not what you or anyone else likes doesn't mean it's not right..

I am sure the guys and doll's that have positions are well schooled from more than Glidden's books...

I know 3 of them are exceptional...and i only say 3 as i only know 3 of them..i am sure the rest are very good too.

As for having a life outside of basketball...well that would make it hard to get a gig coz post work and basketball, i have no other life...

i have chosen basketball as my life...hence why i get in and coach and try and get state gig's...didn't get one...thanks Neil (kidding)...but thats the way it goes...

Reply #263173 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

And how about the kids that try out - Do they have to be a member of SASI to get into a State Team?

Reply #263188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They don't have to be SASI members but it's easier to get in if you are.

And if you rejected a SASI spot or quit SASI then your chances are almost zero.

Reply #263189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No they dont. I can think of some rare examples where those that have made it haven't been in SASI. If you are good enough you will make it whether you are in SASI or not. Having said that training with the best kids and coaches in the state probably will help your development anyway.

Reply #263192 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:37 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754