Southern Tigers
Years ago

Morphett Vale Stadium Redevelopment Photos

Check out this link to see progress of upgrade

www.southerntigers.com.au

This will be great for basketball in SA.

Topic #21986 | Report this topic

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

It is going to be great for Basketball in SA. Now if only we could get North, South and West to do the same.....

Reply #263111 | Report this post

hanging round  
Years ago

Thanks for this.
Now I will be able to sleep at night.

Reply #263114 | Report this post

mavs  
Years ago

if they get new lights lets hope no one "shoots them out" too early so everyone can enjoy the new floor.

Reply #263126 | Report this post

Detroit  
Years ago

I think this is fantastic for basketball in the southern areas as morphett vale stadium was once seen as one of the premier basketball stadiums in the state. After regularly visiting this stadium on a
tri-weekly basis for many years, even when i was too young to remember, i personally cant wait to see the new fitout.

Reply #263127 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Have those boards gone to the dump yet, or have they been stockpiled for the Port Adelaide floor?

Reply #263148 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Visited there a few times to load up on the old jarrah. Damn fine wood that. Redevelopment looks terrific. I'm still an old school guy and love the old dark floors but stadium looks terrific. They're on a budget though and can't do all the things they want - eg glass backboards - but they're doing a great job with what they've got. Must admit I was bemused to hear they're going with the old/current keyway setup. I'd just do the new style (ie from 2010 worlds) and be done with it. In Sydney at the "Rocks", they've had the new keyway for donkeys.

Reply #263152 | Report this post

ugly  
Years ago

The New Courts at Morphet Vale Stadium will be linemarked with the new FIBA Approved Courts.

other stadiums will be changed over the next 12 months , Wayville and starplex in december this year and possibly Pasadena court 1, and by early 2011 all ABA event courts should have the new lines.

For Details of the contractor doing the floors at Morphet Vale, go to

www.stadiumsports.com.au

Reply #263371 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:50 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754