XztatiK
Years ago

Ty McKee Injury Update

Other than the fact that he's possibly the most important player when it comes to this whole Wollongong-Townsville-Adelaide-NZ finals race, this injury will shape my fantasy moves this week and a lot of other people's.

This is the best I could find on the Illawarra Mercury site (dropped yesterday, the 4th):

'McKee is likely to undergo a second and more detailed scan of his back today.

The 23-year-old playmaker and NBL MVP candidate won't play against the Breakers and faces the very real prospect of being sidelined for the rest of the season.

"Hopefully we'll have a lot clearer picture of the extent of the situation after Ty has another scan," McLeod said.

"Obviously it's a real concern for everyone and it's important for Ty and for the team that we know exactly what the situation is going to be."'

If he's out for the year they'll need to find a replacement this week, as they have 9 games left (assuming the amount of games required for finals qualification is still 8), and that's if they have the money.

Please post any further news here. The results of the scan etc.

Topic #22001 | Report this topic

peter  
Years ago

last i heard was that its not improved at all in the past 2 weeks. hawks have been looking for a possible replacement already.

Reply #263288 | Report this post

KEVY47  
Years ago

Luke Martin will be replacing Ty whilst he's out.

Haven't got access from my phone to add news to Hawks site, but it's official.

Reply #263297 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Cheers Kevy, know how long he'll be out?

Reply #263299 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ouch, massive blow for the Hawks and at a crucial time too.

Reply #263309 | Report this post

cartz  
Years ago

fox sports interview coach mcleaod and heard that hes out for the year

hugh blow for the hawks.

Reply #263351 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:04 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754