Isaac
Years ago

Hawks vs Breakers, Jan 6

Hawks $2.05, Breakers $1.77. Line for Hawks is +1.5.

With McKee not expected to play, the Breakers are favourites on the road tonight in Wollongong and will certainly want to win this to give themselves a better chance at top four and the post-season.

Your tips?

Topic #22005 | Report this topic

mystro  
Years ago

my heart says Breakers but my head says Hawks lol.
Breakers must be due for a W tho

Reply #263317 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Breakers by 11.

Reply #263318 | Report this post

dazzman  
Years ago

Breakers 91 Hawks 75
I expect Penney and CJ to stretch the Hawks perimeter defence tonight.
The Gongs best chance tonight is to use their size advantage inside the paint.

Is Oscar back yet?

Reply #263327 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He was back last game but I don't think many would've noticed - just two points and a few boards against the Blaze.

Reply #263334 | Report this post

dazzman  
Years ago

Thanks Isaac. Hopefully he can light it up tonight. He just needs to stay out of foul trouble to ensure he gets some good minutes.
If Ty McKee is out for the remainder of the season I can't see the Hawks making the top four come seasons end. Especially if the veterans such as Saville and Campbell start to feel the rigours of another tough season down the stretch.
If the Breakers are legit top 4 material then they have an opportunity to show it tonight.

Reply #263335 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I was thinking about the home team but that doesn't necessarily follow this Season and Bruton is very very good. Who can you pick , this Season.

Reply #263362 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Hawks held nerve down stretch to win 83-78. 12-1 blitz at start of quarter got them back into it after Breakers looked to be cruising.
You are right Dazzman we are not final 4 material.
Cograts to Rhys Martin, game of his life.
Was Rickert injured? (18 minutes).
CJ played well for us but bit of a lone act.

Reply #263363 | Report this post

pass the ball  
Years ago

Great win by the Hawks. They played with great confidence and super support from the crowd. You wonder where all the doubters are now.

Reply #263364 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Breakers didn't seem to want it enough. Had height advantage a few times but smaller Hawks simply got up higher to snare boards. NZ really need to win in Perth now but who knows who might show up.

Hopefully Abercrombie's injury isn't too serious, but he looked like he was in a lot of pain.

Reply #263366 | Report this post

peter  
Years ago

ricket stood up all game, and i heckled him. then he didnt go on, so i continued to heckle him. not injured, just soft

Reply #263372 | Report this post

peter  
Years ago

nobody tipped hawks to win. wollongong the fortress

Reply #263373 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Nice win. Sav was HUGE!

Rhys Martin stepped up in a big way.

Rickert's a nutcase on the bench. Peter, were you the one in the home jersey right behind the bench heckling at the timeouts? :D

Gaze didn't have Balls in his top 5 MVP candidates. WTF?

...and Al Pledger's 't-shirt tan' is freakin hilarious! Why was he playing btw? Did they swap him with Trueman in the travelling roster?

Reply #263374 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Breakers don't seem to want to make the playoffs, no heart. treat road games like holidays

Reply #263422 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Rickert just doesn't get played down the stretch for specific reasons, and he stands because he's very enthusiastic about everything. Nothing to do with being soft.

Reply #263436 | Report this post

peter  
Years ago

maybe.. ;-)

Reply #263439 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Abercrombie is out for 4 weeks with ligament damage in his ankle.

Reply #263462 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Worrying trend continues. Game close, somehow other team pulls out extra.
Saville hit a big 3 at end of 3rd to pull them back to 7 down. At 10 up we were cruising. Then that awful start to 4th period.
Don't understand Rickert not playing down stretch( 18 minutes total).
Don't understand Boucher playing 32 minutes. Take it he guarded Saville, and it is not as though he doesn't contribute, it's just that he is an impact player and that is his best role.
Finally get to see a replay tonight and will be very interested to see money time and who featured or tried to.

Reply #263476 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

That game was anyone's.
The biggest shot of night was the 3 in the corner from Larry Davidson to level scores 75-75 with 2 minutes left.
Penney out of sync. Scored 1 FG in second half. That after 40 sec of 3rd quarter. Did not have a FG and 2 FT's the rest of way.
Ronaldson pass had to be thrown. Again Penney should not have faked, it was on.
Davidson to Saville to ice it next play was similar.
Crowd really got after us at start of 4th during 4 minute+ drought.
Lemanis went with Ronaldson, Rillie lineup down stretch. Successful against Melbourne but again it's stand around and look to launch.
Hard to see us getting W in Perth, so it will leave us having to win 6 of 7. GC H/A, Hawks H, Crocs A. Miracle time.

Reply #263514 | Report this post

If the Breakers can not win this year then they will need a new coach because he has been given everything by the owners including facilities and a very big budget for players .

Reply #263518 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:02 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754