Tce44
Years ago

Realistic expectations for the 36ers

At the start of the season where did everyone realistically think the 36ers would finish this year?

Injuries to key players have helped us by New Zealand and Melbourne being below us at the present time on the ladder but did we really expect to be top 4?

Personally I thought we would miss the top four and hoped we wouldn't finish last. If you rank teams on starting fives, bench strength and also coaches I don't believe we would rank in the top four for any of those categories..

Topic #22042 | Report this topic

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

Don't you just love thread titles that are completely uninformative, meaning you have to click them to find out what the thread is about.

Honestly, very few if any people had a real good idea about any of the teams this season. On one hand, you could say about Adelaide that we had a 2nd year head coach and 4 (or more? I forget) brand new players and that we'd need a season in order to gel; on the other, you could say that the individual talent levels would be enough to push the team into finals contention.

Reply #263853 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think 4th to 6th, so they're around about where I expected. But that doesn't mean it's not frustrating when they don't play to their potential.

Reply #263873 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

Didn't have high expectations when Groves was signed.

Reply #263891 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

6th, 7th was about it.
At times played better than that, but then reality kicks in.
Fan base has to be best in Australia,so expectations maybe unrealistic.
Remember with only 8, each team improved with more talent to go around. Been surprised at how poorly all teams have played at times this season.
Having two similar type imports has hurt cause.
Do you Sixers fans want Gilchist back? Despite his stats that will tell me how his season has gone.

Reply #263936 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I would keep an eye out for alternatives. Talented player, but I think they need more of a decisive playmaker in that position.

Reply #263938 | Report this post

Tce44  
Years ago

If we look at the championship teams over the past few years, the majority if not all have had an experienced point guard. Energy and passion are great through the first three quarters but in the 4th it's about execution...

Reply #263961 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:30 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754