TP
Years ago

Is One showing the NBA All Star Game?

I'm really sorry if this has already been answered (and I did try searching for it), but is One showing the NBA All Star game this year?

If this has been discussed/answered already, can someone please direct me to the right place? Cheers!

Topic #22046 | Report this topic

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

I haven't heard anything, but it's usually ESPN so it may be Foxtel only. Though, last year One had the finals on a 1 day delayed telecast (as opposed to ESPN who had them live) so you never know.

Reply #263881 | Report this post

cartz  
Years ago

would be live on espn (foxtel) One may show it as a replay a day or two later

Reply #263884 | Report this post

DC  
Years ago

I hope they do but it isnt listed anywhere in there schedule guide so i dunno

Reply #263886 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Its looking more like a washed up talent quest than an all-star game with Joe Public voting in McGrady and Iverson with stunning enthusiasm!

Reply #263890 | Report this post

clarky  
Years ago

I don't follow the All-Star voting.... if you want to know the players who actually deserve to be in the All-Star game, you have to look at the guys the coaches vote to have as reserves.
Starting in the All-Star game is all about winning the popularity contest.

Reply #263923 | Report this post

MadeInThe'Laide  
Years ago

"I don't follow the All-Star voting.... if you want to know the players who actually deserve to be in the All-Star game, you have to look at the guys the coaches vote to have as reserves.
Starting in the All-Star game is all about winning the popularity contest."

Yeah, I agree. Michael Jordan didnt deserve his all star starting spot all those years. Nice generalisation.

Reply #264016 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Depends on your perspective with all-star voting I guess.

MJ was arguably the most popular athlete on the planet in his prime, hence the argument of it being a popularity contest still prevails - he wins hands down.

However MJ was also the greatest player of his era, thus debunking the notion that he would not have been deserving of his place if it was left to the coaches to pick the starting 5 - he would have been the first player chosen!

Reply #264019 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Remember when Vince Carter out-voted MJ to start in the 2003 all-star game but refused to give up his starting spot to Jordan who was playing in his final ASG?

I can't remember if VC eventually relented or not but bottom line is if the fans really wanted MJ in there they would've voted him in.

Reply #264026 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Yeah Vince gave up his spot after heaps of pressure from fans and players.

Reply #264083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is it on one hd?

Reply #265410 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sadly no, and I assume that's ESPN's fault.

Reply #267143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i thoght tnt have coverage this year

Reply #267198 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:48 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754