thedoctor
Years ago

Redd Tears Ligaments in Knee, Out for Season

It's happened again, and Redd is out for the season. Funnily enough, it will give the Redd-haters (myself included) another chance to see the Bucks perform better without him.

http://linky.com.au/x1ma5

Anyone know when his contract expires?

Topic #22060 | Report this topic

Big Marty  
Years ago

That sucks. Now he's worthless for trading. Just reinjured his knee again; got the feeling he's going to end up being another player whose career ends short.

Reply #263957 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

The Bucks will play better without him, however at the same time there is no trade value for him now and he can't be traded.

Nobody will take on his contract or gamble with the injuries.

The man's career looks set to be cut short due to injuries.

I was once a Redd fan and considered him under-rated, but now the injuries have caught up too much.

Reply #263965 | Report this post

djrod  
Years ago

oh no!

I'm not a big fan of Redd's but he was actually playing well the past fortnight...

Well at least Bogut will get more shots and Jodie Meeks will get more PT now. I think he scored 12 in 16 mins yesterday.

His trade value was rising BUT his contract is HUGE and no one would want him.

That is the problem with Milwaukee; its been voted the least attractive place for free agents, so they have to pay over and above to get players.

I still think they can and will make the playoffs in either the 7 or 8 position.

GO BUCKS!

Reply #263967 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Wow! Good and bad news for Bucks fans.

Good News: The Bucks will start winning more games
Bad News: The Bucks will get no trade value for him now

I reckon 7th or 8th playoff position is now a more realistic shot funnily enough!

Reply #263970 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

End of the 2010/2011 season Doc......

The Bucks owe him $17,040,000 this season and $18,300,000 next season. I'm guessing a large chuck of his wage will be covered by insurance.

Reply #263975 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Sad news for Redd. I'd say that's curtains for his career. The Bucks will definitely move on now. Even if he recovers, he may ride the pine next season, as the Bucks will be more interested in developing players for the future.

Although there is this mysterious connection between Redd playing and the Bucks losing, I don't think it was really down to him this year. As someone said, he was actually playing quite well.

The Bucks real problem is Jennings. The kid is a bit banged up and has lost his mojo in the last month or so. Earlier in the season, when the Bucks fought back and won some memorable games, it was because Jennings gritted his teeth and refused to let his team lose. You could see his self-belief rub off on the team. Now that Jennnings is down, the rest of them have fallen flat too.

Hope they can turn it around soon, as it would be nice to see the Bucks finish strong and take the #8 seed, so Bogut can head into the World's feeling confident about his game.

Reply #264010 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I wasn't aware, but just checked, Redd's money for next season is a player option, the whole $18 million.

Considering the Bucks gave him the max contract 4 seasons ago........ forget it, dumb question..... No NBA player would give something back to the team.....

Reply #264017 | Report this post

Mookie  
Years ago

Redd's shoot first mentality wont be missed. The Bucks are now Boguts team and even though Jennings is finding it tough he will benefit greatly from having alot of plays run from him.

Reply #264138 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:32 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754