Suga
Years ago

Melbourne sign new import Mike Rose

On the back of their 3rd consecutive win, the Melbourne Tigers have added a second import to their playoff charge by signing Mike Rose.

The Tigers (8-12), who climbed off the bottom of the standings with their win last nite, plan on having Rose in uniform for tomorrow night's clash with the Adelaide 36ers, despite Rose not having one session with the team as of yet.

http://linky.com.au/31yua

Topic #22089 | Report this topic

Flinders80  
Years ago

Reply #264447 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Interesting signing...could make life difficult for 36ers next week.

Reply #264449 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Is a freaky combination of Mike Kelly & Rob Rose from the Magic days.

Reply #264454 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Who have they released from their roster to bring him in?
Looks pretty good.

Reply #264473 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Probably should have read the whole article before asking :p

What happens when Crosswell returns? He's supposed to be only out for 2 weeks.

Reply #264474 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I thought there an Import trialling with them.
Maybe not . Or maybe not the right fit.
I think there's an Aussie training there that played in Europe . Can't remember his name - maybe Ryan.- But he wanted some rediculous amount to play in the NBL.

Reply #264475 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Watched the first few minutes of that video and had seen enough. Cat can shoot. Julius might struggle for court time and attention alongside this dude. He'll either attack him late one night after (or during) a game, or they'll be the best 1-2 punch since Davis/Jones.

Reply #264482 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Looks like we'll see plenty of Rose - as Crosswell unlikely to be back due to injury, and Ryan's OTT wage
So yeah gonna be interesting watching Hodge and Rose go at it.

Reply #264484 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

and still under the salary cap ???

dont think so !

Reply #264491 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Skull, you'll cop the "you're only saying that coz it's Melbourne" remarks for that, but I agree. It is extremely hard to see how that team could be under 1m!

Reply #264494 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

X- melb and perth are over the cap,surely.
you dont go 10 deep in pro sports and spend less than a million,i dont give a shit what anyone says.

townsville,once again are over achieving versus salary cap.
coach gleeson is and always was, a better option then lemanis as boomers assistant.

Reply #264508 | Report this post

Kassie  
Years ago

I would not call Melb Tigers 10 deep

Anstey
wortho
Hodge
Macknnon
Greer
Corletto
Johnson
Rose

Reply #264528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

oh so everyone knows how much players get paid huh

Reply #264536 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

joey Wright is doing A Goorg with his Gold Coast 'Bullets' & threatening there long term longevity 4 a quick championship! Salary cap a joke! Go Crocs or Perth; neither rought the system...

Reply #264539 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

switching/sacking players is an expensive excersize,is this where the injury clause is used to dodge the cap.
when a player is sacked i presume his pay out figure is included in cap or is it the replacements wage that is included ??

put them on the injury list and pay them under the table?

kassie,melb are very top heavy in wages but more-so is perth.

Reply #264560 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

You raise some nteresting points Skull. I don't know how cut/injured players wages are or are not accounted for.

Penney was out for 9 games. It's hard to believe he was not paid during this time.
Storey was (cut)during this time. Our radiosport commentator Tom Hyde suggested recently, since we were still paying Storey, why not bring him back, since we were interested in signing another import.
John Rillie hired as cover for Penney,kept on when Storey released, then let go when Braswell brought in was at the Melbourne game the other night. Is he kept around to provide moral support?

Reply #264565 | Report this post

peter  
Years ago

go hawks on $700k hahaha

Reply #264609 | Report this post

hanging round  
Years ago

Melbourne Salary Cap- no problem, the players are all there for the love of the game. Just ask Julius

Reply #264912 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:16 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754