Gheorge Muresan
Years ago

Weekend of games for Pioneers

The Pioneers are playing their first pre-season games this weekend against the 36ers development squad in the Mount.

Are we expected to take much from these games? I remember last season when the Pioneers weren't able to keep pace with the youngsters and the year before that some of the home town guys tried to pick on the young opposition, which was meant to be some sort of toughness ploy that didn't continue into the SEABL season.

I expect the Pioneers to show some form, but please don't get too excited. There is a long way to go, but at least with a credentialed coach, the side is going to be far more cohesive and motivated.

Topic #22140 | Report this topic

gg  
Years ago

The Pioneers should do aright the as half the team wont be there as the u/20 state boys who are in the squad are not going......

Reply #265396 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

Here's a rumour (or maybe people already know). What 36er is going to work in Mt Gambier at the end of the NBL season and are the Pioneers aware of the fact???

Reply #265444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pioneers cannot have been on the practice court for very long correct...

Josh Jenkins from Townsville is not yet with the team and I believe one or two others are also missing. Import Kevin Smith is already there and I think the second import, Andy Tipton is close to arriving or may be already in town

Reply #265449 | Report this post

Player23  
Years ago

I thought the rumour was they weren't going to be able to afford a second import with Scotty's assets and money being frozen???

Reply #265481 | Report this post

Years ago

I'm guessing Ng, working at the hospital as part of some sort of rural placement.

Reply #265484 | Report this post

noah  
Years ago

its matty sutton

Reply #265594 | Report this post

Years ago

Noah, read the rumour again. I'm pretty sure the Pioneers know that Matt Sutton is going be working in town, they signed him.

Reply #265646 | Report this post

Player23  
Years ago

So how did the Pioneers fair against the Academy side?

Reply #265812 | Report this post

coach  
Years ago

Reply #265881 | Report this post

mavs  
Years ago

pioneers won the first game by 14 or so and lost the second game by under 5.

Andy tipton played the second game after only arriving form the states hours before the game the day before.

Academy did very well.

Reply #265883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Darren NG

Reply #266164 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:39 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754