shano
Years ago

Sixers changes

Ok, lets say ur gm and youve get to choose your coach and team for next season-under the cap of course-what would it look like and who would be your priority signings? I love the club and the job SOS have done, but surely there will need to be at least 4 changes. We are as far away from a championship as we have ever been, in my humble opinion. DOes anyone know if Newley intends to play for the 6ers ever? Cheers.

Topic #22142 | Report this topic

david  
Years ago

required are hill, herbert, ballinger, ng, burston(if available). gone are ninnis in for mark leader(the name says it all). no import from usa, anywhere else is good.

Reply #265460 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Is that hill father or son?

Reply #265461 | Report this post

aaa  
Years ago

Balls, burston, herbert are the only players from this roster that should be retained!!!

Reply #265463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and NG

Reply #265464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Holmes is also the leading rebounder in the league

Reply #265465 | Report this post

aaa  
Years ago

Any chance Darren could spend the off season eating pasta and bulking up a bit?

Reply #265467 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Ninnis to assistant coach if he'll have it. See what Goorjan, Stacker, Black or other coaches are up to. It'd make a MASSIVE difference even with the current line-up.

Love ya Scotty, but we need results.

Starting 5

PG - Import / Gillchrist*
SG - Ng
SF - Holmes / Import
PF - Ballinger
C - Burston**
-------
Reserves

G - Herbert
SG - Burdon (U23?)
SF - Hill
PF - Import / Holmes **
C/F Molitor
C/F Garlepp

**Depends what Schenscher's contract looks like. Option b) is Schenscher in the middle, Burston at PF and Ballinger at SF with no second import.

Imagine Beveridge or Lemanis coaching our existing line-up.

*sigh*

Reply #265468 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Oh the second *was I'm not adverse to Gilly staying, but consistancy and attitude need some work. He's got skills and the stats, but needs a little work (on court leadership included).

To be honest, I see Ng as evolving into the floor leader / decision maker. Throw him in and see.

Reply #265469 | Report this post

aaa  
Years ago

Like the option of going with one import

C Schenscher/ Burston
PF Balls/Garlepp
SF Holmes/Rush
G Herbert/NG
G Import/burdon

Reply #265470 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

^^^ You've dumped our Captain and best player?

Reply #265471 | Report this post

aaa  
Years ago

I thought scott was supposed to be the defensive king learing from Goorj. Results seem to differ

Reply #265472 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Oh wait - scratch that. There he is. Lack of sleep will do that to ya. Continue.

Like I said, dunno what Luke's contract looks like.

In a perfect world, we'd have CJ Bruton here.

Reply #265473 | Report this post

aaa  
Years ago

Would Oscar come home and would be good for the team. The games i have seen Oscar and Jacob appear to at each other. Is there a bad history between the two or is it my imagination

Reply #265476 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

They're just competetive - Jacob bumps everyone. Love to have the Big O back. He's pretty happy in NZ from all accounts though.

Reply #265477 | Report this post

Years ago

tyler smith ex tennessee

Reply #265482 | Report this post

wasportsfan1  
Years ago

Doubt that Schensch and Burston on the same team! Make a trade Burston for Schensch!

Reply #265488 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

I'd prefer Burston. I love Schenscher, but to be completely honest, NBL refs are 10 years behind and Luke suffers as a result.

Plus, Burston is a bump bodies / take no crap kinda guy - which we lack. For all of Gilly's carrying on - Balls, Holmes and Herbert are the only players that show guts and pride on this team. The rest get bullied like that awkward kid in 4th grade you felt bad for but still paid out since all the other cool kids were doing it and - hey - you're only human, right? - you just wanted to fit in.

Reply #265496 | Report this post

aaa  
Years ago

Burston over Luke

Loco agree need some grunt - Worthington type player would be nice.

Reply #265504 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

I think Adelaide could go for an all-Aussie line-up (well with Ballinger and Dusty), the points add up and I think the only issue is money and contracts, but overall I think this team could go deep into the playoffs.

Head Coach: Ian Stacker
Assistant Coaches: Scott Ninnis and Kevin Brooks

Starting Line-up
Luke Schenscher (10), Adam Ballinger (10), Jacob Holmes (8), Nathan Herbert (5), Damian Martin (5)
Bench
Neil Motteram (6), Dusty Rychart (8), Brad Hill (5), Darren Ng (6), Nathan Crosswell (7)

Reply #265520 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

Honestly, even if he is cheap and South Australian, Brad Hill shouldn't be retained next season. Not only is he unable to provide consistent output, his turnovers and missed layup attempts end up costing the team rather than benefiting it.

We have our 5 and 4 positions, what we really lack is a decent 3 man. Holmes can play the role but I'd be looking more for someone who can get to the ring, Holmes is more of a defensive presence. Obviously Newley would've filled this role but he's not available.

A backup 5 other than Cooper would be nice, I like Coop's shot blocking but I'd prefer a better finisher around the ring, someone you can get the ball to in the post.

Retain Balls, Burston (unless Luke is available, but I doubt it), Ng, Herbert, Holmes. Find a better backup big man or 2, better PG (Gilchrist is skilled but I don't like him running our offense), and a scoring backup SG that could possibly play the 3 aswell (this is probably what they want from Hill, unfortunately I don't see him with the ability to do it).

Reply #265522 | Report this post

Nix 84  
Years ago

Journo there is no Under 23 in your team.

Reply #265524 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

I know Nix 84, I think the clubs will get the NBL to change that rule, but if not I'm sure Stacker will have his finger on the pulse for a good kid from the AIS.
I personally think the three development spots for each team should be for kids under 23.

Reply #265526 | Report this post

aaa  
Years ago

Croswell will not come to Adelaide.
Please no Dusty!!!
Prefer Burston to Motts
Damian Martin sounds good
What about steve markovic!!! he played with west sydney a few years back. I think he is playing low grade europe would be about 28-30 now

Reply #265528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mark Leader just got the sack for coaching a talented team that never really got the job done.
Might as well keep Ninnis.

Reply #265533 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

I wish we would go after Wortho, he kills us every time. As for coach Ive always liked Alan Black, would love to get a healthy stephen to come with him.

PG S Black
SG Gilchrist (move to SG)
SF Wortho
PF Balls
C Burston

Holmes
Herbert
NG
U/23????
Cooper

Reply #265534 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

If we could re-rate two players down one point Burston could replace Dusty.

Reply #265535 | Report this post

aaa  
Years ago

No way will Wortho ever come to Adelaide.

What is S Black doing

Reply #265537 | Report this post

E  
Years ago

Keep BALLS, HERBERT, NG, BURSTON and possibly GILLY (depending on who is coach)

There is a case to keep HOLMES also.....

But BRAD HILL MUST GO!!!!!! he is useless!

Tez is out 4 sure.

Reply #265540 | Report this post

quasi  
Years ago

Definitely dump Ninnis, Groves, Hill and Cooper. Gilchrist is 50/50 - see what else is available and trade up if possible

Reply #265541 | Report this post

quasi  
Years ago

Oh - and not a big fan of Molitor either. I know he's filling the U23 spot, but he's never going to make it in the NBL

Reply #265542 | Report this post

Dangermouse  
Years ago

I've always liked Hill for his potential upside, but I don't think we can afford to keep playing him while we wait for that to eventuate, as he is just hurting us too much while on court.

KEEP:

Balls, Burston, Herbert, Ng, Holmes

GO:

Hill, Groves, Ninnis, Molitor

MAYBE:

Gilchrist

We can definitely upgrade on Hill, Groves & Molitor. Gilchrist maybe depending on who's available, who is coach and his attitude.

Ninnis really hasn't shown me enough to warrant persisting with him. Too many mistakes, too slow to react.

With those changes, I think we can keep the core of our squad and produce a really competitive team.

Reply #265544 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Get rid of Hill. He is inconsistant for his age and hasnt improved at all over the season.
Groves needs to go, another import that played for us and didnt seem to care, pity.

NG Im almost surprised to say has stepped up a bit this season, but needs to do more to last longer than next year, and agree with others needs to beef up put some muscle on.

Other than those 2, and a severe change of coach (NOT Goorjan if we want to keep our respect) I wouldnt change much of the lineup, maybe look at replacing Cooper with a stronger centre.

Our teams not all bad, they just arent utilised. I think Gilchrist under a good coach and structure could really perform and I'd love to see him given a go.
As for Schench for Burston I dont think we've seen the best of Burston either, give him some plays around him and Balls it all comes down to offensive structure which we dont have.

Reply #265553 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Im not a huge fan of making more than around 4 changes per season otherwise you lose all continuity and are basically starting again.

I would replace Cooper, Molitor, Groves and maybe Hill depending on who is available for the same points/$$ to replace him

I would try and get Schenscher back (even if it means going with just 1 import) and maybe Oscar Forman as we need a consistant 3 point shot.

Depending on cash/points/availability id be aiming for

C Burston/Schenscher
PF Ballinger/Holmes
SF Import/Forman (possibly Hill if cant get forman)
SG Herbert/Ng
PG Gilchrist (or new import)/??? maybe someone like Matt Sutton would be worth a run if no one proven is available or this could go to the U23 player as there wont be heaps of mins behind Gilly(import) and Ng could play a few mins here.

So im retaining 6 or 7 of the current squad (depending on hill) and if we get the right import SF id expect that to be a bit better than this years team.

Reply #265559 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Get rid of Cooper the useless butter face.
Sooner he goes the better.

Reply #265562 | Report this post

Dazzman  
Years ago

For the small forward spot as far as imports go, I would love to see Luke Whitehead or Justin Bowen in the side next season.

Luke gives us a solid rebounder and hard nosed defence to compliment the "must keeps" (Balls,Holmes,Herbie,Burston and Ng), while Bowen would give us scoring, rebounding, athletisicm and a little bit of showtime which us 36er fans have been missing since Willie Farley or dare I say it; Jul***.

As for point guards, I would push for Damian Martin or Darnell Hinson or for SG former Razorback Troy Devries knows how to connect from outside (similar game to Kevin Lisch).

Reply #265564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would like to see the following;

C - Burston/Garlepp
PF - Ballinger/Holmes
SF - Import/Holmes
SG - Herbie/Ng
PG - Import/A Martin type or U23

Burston is better than Schenscher defensively and I think has the offensive game - just hasnt been utilised properly.
Ballinger - Enough said really. Wouldnt mind seeing him shifted to the SF spot, have Holmes in the PF spot and get a GOOD SG import.
Holmes - adds toughness, defence and rebounding
Herbie - great defender, tough, can hit the open shot. Would not mind seeing him back up the PG spot either, not sure if he is capable but would like to see him in that role.
Ng - Arguably the best 3 point shooter in the league. Just needs to be utilised properly coming off the bench and having a few plays run for him.

2 Imports need to be more than reliable from behind the arc. They dont need to be great at penetrating if this is the case cos it will keep the defense honest and spread allowing Burston and Balls to go to work down low!

New coach and assistants please! Keep Scotty in recruiting if he is willing.

Thats the team I would like to see anyway?!

Reply #265565 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

I'd like to see something like this, don't know how realistic it is:

C Schenscher/ Cooper
PF Balls/Khazzouh
SF Import/Holmes
G Herbert/NG
G Import/Bruce.

Reply #265576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wouldn't mind seeing Luke Whitehead on our team but didn't he just get arrested with a stack of guns back over in the US?

Reply #265577 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

Get rid of: our shitty stagnant offence.

Reply #265578 | Report this post

Dazzman  
Years ago

Anon, are sure that was Luke Whitehead or was it Gilbert Arenas.

No, but seriously I didn't hear about that.

Where is Brian Wethers?

Reply #265579 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

yea i also wouldnt mind justin bowen or a player of his mould in our team, i saw him play for the blaze and thought he was quite decent, and is quite versatile,

Reply #265589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Everyone is calling for Hills head. I thought he had been playing injured.

Can anyone confirm if this is the case or not?

Reply #265595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here is the link to the article about Whitehead.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2009/08/31/131855_gold-coast-news.html

Reply #265596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'll try that again

http://linky.com.au/yv6n0

Reply #265597 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

I'd keep the core of Burston, Ballinger, Holmes, Herbert and Ng together.
I'd probably keep the team structure much the same as this year, only update some players and the team structure. And I wouldn't pay 4 points for the 11th man again this year.

I'd go back to Burdon for the U23 spot (he may not be eligible anymore though?)

I'd like to see a point guard import who's more of a distributor, but with weapons, rather than a Gilchrist type who's more shot orientated. Darnell Hinson would be a good fit.
The second import probably needs to be a scoring guard who can also run the point. (Basically the Groves of 4 years ago :p). Justin Bowen would be a good fit there.
I don't like that he's 9 points, but Liam Rush would fit into our structure pretty well.
Our last spot leaves us with 7 points. Absolute ideal situation would be to steal Petrie from Gold Coast. Has been a very good player this season and probably won't hold his 7 points, but would be a great fit.

PG: Hinson/Bowen
SG: Bowen/Ng/Burdon
SF: Rush/Herbert/Holmes
PF: Ballinger/Petrie/Holmes
C: Burston/Petrie

There's almost not enough minutes to go around for that team.
You'd want at least 30 mins for Ballinger
At least 25 mins for Bowen and Hinson
At least 20 mins for Petrie, Rush, Burston and Holmes
15 mins for Ng and Herbert
That leaves at most 10 mins for Burdon
Would be a sweet team though.

Reply #265605 | Report this post

dreamteam  
Years ago

AFAIK, Burdon will be turning 25 in a few months.

Hardly qualifies for any development or U23 spot for the 2010-11 season...

Reply #265616 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For those critics who think Groves has to go...

Might i suggest that you move groves to point because he has proved that when he is at point he can move the ball alot better then gilly and perhaps move gilly or perhaps another import at shooting guard.

therefore i would have

PG - Groves/Burdon
SG - Import/Gilly
SF - Holmes/Herbert
PF - Balls/Import
C - Schensh/Burston

Reply #265633 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

How many imports do you want?
Groves, Gilchrist and 2 more?

Reply #265634 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Hendo8888 a good post and something like a team like to see that is getting a u-23 g back up for Burdon .
Anonymous keep Groves because good PG you have to be kidding .
He does that boring awful dribble around worse than Gilchrist that is if he keeps possesion and doesnt lose the ball.
His shooting is appalling and has no D .
Surely you have not been at games or watching Fox.
Burston is a much better long term prospect than Schenser in most aspects of game if can keep him fit.
Yes must get as well is a new experienced coach but not Goorgan . Spend the extra money you save on him so dont buy another budget Groves

Reply #265644 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Let me try.
C. Burston/Schenscher
PF Ballinger/Burston some Holmes
SF Herbert/Holmes
SG Gilchrist/Ng/ some Herbert.
PG ? / Groves if he naturalises.
(and some u23).

Reply #265645 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Please be critical of it.
I kinda just typed it in to see.
I'd guess we'd have to change coach with that, as it's similar to this season and he couldn't fit Schenscher in.

Reply #265656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not one team mentioned in the above posts will win a championship

Reply #265673 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Since you asked for a critique Camel...

I don't think we can expect to play Schensch and Burston on the same team. Apart from tying up too much money in one position, I doubt either would be satisfied with the minutes they'd get.

Its a tough call as to who would be better long-term for the Sixers. Burston is a more mobile centre, but also seems a bit more fragile, while Schensch has the size to be dominant in the NBL (esp if the refs actually stop allowing smaller players to mug him).

Balls is a must keep and Holmes can be rotated with both him and whoever is at centre. We badly need one more solid big guy with experience to cover injuries/ foul trouble though. I'm sick of having Cooper, who tries hard but just gets pushed around too much.

Herbert has really been the find of the season for the Sixers. He's a very solid role player for the team. Ideally would come off the bench ala Rupert Sapwell if we had a more talented team.

Hard to decide on Gilchrist. I think he has the skills and physical tools, but it just doesn't look like he's fit in with the team that well. Can't be sure without knowing about what goes on behind the scenes though. Guess we'll know what the organisation thinks in a couple of months. If Gilchrist moves on, I believe we either need another import PG, or to somehow pick up an Aussie at the Gibson/ Martin sort of level.

That leaves an import for either SG or SF. Would prefer a SF I think, because Ng has proven more reliable this year than Hill. I've been very disappointed that Hill hasn't really taken a step forward this season, but I'd still keep him around and give him another year to try and realise his potential. Since that hasn't happened yet, we need a Rob Rose type, a do it all star. Failing that, at least a guy who can hit the three consistently and defend well.

If we don't grab a quality Aussie PG, then I'd like to see us land at least one other talented Aussie to improve the quality of our roster.

Reply #265679 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Some funny teams here. Might as well chip in:

C: M.Burston/(Young Aussie C or Cooper)(12)
PF: A.Ballinger/J.Holmes
SF: Import SF-SG/N.Herbert/B.Hill
SG: J.Gilchrist/D.Ng/B.Hill
PG: A.Bruce/J.Gilchrist

DPs: C.Molitor, A.Doyle

Any good young Cs returning from college this year that could replace Coop?

Reply #265683 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Hadn't we given up on Bruce, X?

I wouldn't keep Gilchrist to play SG. He's a PG or nothing IMO. Too short, not a good enough shooter (he shoots ok, but doesn't have that quick release you need to be a gun SG).

Other than those two things, the team you have is basically what I would go with as well. If we got a good SF import, I would start Ng at SG and use Herbert as the primary back up at both SG and SF.

Hill is the odd man out for the moment, but hopefully he can earn playing time. I still think if he puts it all together he will be a better player than Ng, but for now he's earnt the right to park his ass on the bench!

Reply #265688 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Yeah I was being a bit hopeful with Brucie. I was thinking Bruce and Gilchrist would split the PG minutes 20 each and give Gilchrist 10-15mins at SG as well like he gets with Cortez sometimes. Don't think his height is much of an issue looking at the other SGs around the league.

Reply #265689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Bruce has effectively retired and before we even consider re-signing Burston I'd hope this time we do everything to try and bring Schenscher back again.

I'd rather Schensch + an import or a Wortho + an okay import than Gilchrist & Groves too. If not a combo like that we need two new imports then.

Reply #265694 | Report this post

Catsfan  
Years ago

Sixers should go like this

PG:Hinson
SG:Herbert
SF:Holmes
PF:Ballinger
C:Burston

PG?
SG:NG
SF:Hill
PF:Garlep
C:Isiah Victor

Reply #265706 | Report this post

Dief  
Years ago

It is disappointing that the team we have this year was not under a different coach.
I believe that we could have been a real threat, except for incompetent coaching.
Brad Hill would have developed into a great player.

If we had some decent offence,we could have been on top without a doubt.

Next year, I would try to get in Rychart and definitely keep Balinger, Herbert, Burston, Holmes and a heavier Ng.

I don't believe that Stacker should be an option.

Reply #265724 | Report this post

Dief  
Years ago

I would give Hill another go if under a different coach

Reply #265725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hill is a scrub.

Reply #265727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Billy tolminson could be a good coach if given the chance

Reply #265872 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

A healthy Burston over Schenscher, Burston is a tougher player with much more grunt. Schenscher is a big body but afraid to use this size. Too soft. I can recall many incidences of sheer frustration at Schenscher's poor shot selection under the basket. Missed far too many shots when he had the size and proximity to just put the ball in. Schenscher also brings disruption to the recruitment process as he still has his sights on OS. This is the reason we didn't get him this season and as far as I know he is still looking OS. If Burston agrees to come back next season, then don't waste any time on the Centre position and put all your energy into filling other key roles.

I would let Hill go because although other posters have suggested he could be a better player under a different coach, he still has the ego problem that would put his game before the benefit of the whole team, unless another coach can put an immediate stop to that.

Reply #265892 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I think Burston , Herbert have a bit of grunt, good D,screen and the like. Don't mind watching them, but some don't like Goorjians style.

Molitor - turns 23 - so I guess we have to do another compulsory under 23 each season - do we?

Aw - can't have Schensch. and Burston. OK .
and seems no one wants Groves even as an Aussie, and Goorj I don't THINK will be here. Gotta an NBL spot apparently.

Reply #265918 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Just some above are not putting u23 in the 10, so I wonder. ?

Reply #265920 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

I also chose Burston over Schensch (I wasn't just assuming Schensch wouldn't be available). Lower points rating, lower salary, better D, less demanding of the ball etc etc etc.

Camel, Tez will be an Aussie? Really? I'd take him as an Aussie.

Reply #265945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Burston over Schensch? lol Burston's a handy big man but injures himself in his sleep and are we forgetting the year Schensch had last year? Sure he hasn't had a good year with Perth but clearly he hasn't fit in.

People were saying last season that Schensch had surpassed Anstey as the #1 big man in the league and you guys are writing him off after an average season with a team he joined at the 11th hour because he/his agent had priced him out of the league? The guy was supposedly going to play in Iran until the Wildcats threw him a lifeline.

Back here with his friends and family I've got no doubt he will go right back to being a 20 & 10 player or given the shorter game now close enough. Burston, the guy has a career history of injuries and has injured himself 3-4 times already this season. Balls & Coop are not effective centres when having to replace Burston. Come on now.

Reply #265946 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

X - shano says 'ok let's say your Ben Fitz' - Then IF I was - ( I don't believe in re-incarnation, but if I did - I'd come back as Ben Fitz.) and I'd say -
" Cortez Groves - you've been in Australia a long time and your time as an Import has run out. BUT become an Aussie an we'll sign ya."

Reply #265956 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

No dont want Groves under any circumstances he has totally lost game and a selfish player at that .
No player over all the years followed Sixers has frustrated me as much as this guy with way he plays.
Ok Jason Williams was close.
Have not a lot of money get 1 quality import keep base of team and replacement import etc get some young ones that have improvement in them

Reply #265965 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Tez is a very talented player, just strikes me as the dumbest dude ever to hit an NBL court. Bring in a smart coach to tell him how to play and I'd definitely take him as an Aussie backup PG.

Reply #266022 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't think he plays stupid at all, just isn't quite making his shots.

Reply #266026 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Jacking contested threes all game when you're one of the best penetrators in the league isn't stupid??? What about dribbling on the spot for a while when you catch it to let the defence set up? Attempting impossible passes?

Reply #266031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Groves is clearly one of the dumbest imports to have ever played for the Sixers. "Just isn't quite making his shots" is a bit of an understatement. He's embarrassing himself out there.

Reply #266036 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If you don't jack (and hopefully make a few) threes, your defender sags off you and makes it that much harder to penetrate. Note that Hill will take threes as well, despite not being a known outside shooter.

Not denying that he's been far below his best, but he's third in the team in scoring, third in scoring efficiency, third in general efficiency. If his shooting percentages were higher, his stats would be half-decent.

The number of times he's penetrated at the right time or put up shots only to have them barely miss has been pretty amazing.

He's an under-performing import, but I don't think it's because he's dumb.

Reply #266050 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Third in NVP voting also ( last I heard)
Be good if naturalised and hung around here.
He's living in a unit on the Port River, upstairs from Gilchrist.
Davo should try to get him - Imagine him playing ABL here- oh my goodness, pretty to watch.

Reply #266055 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"If you don't jack (and hopefully make a few) threes, your defender sags off you and makes it that much harder to penetrate. Note that Hill will take threes as well, despite not being a known outside shooter."

Of course. The defender will sag off if you start HURTING him with penetration. When that happens, I'd be happy for him to put up a few threes, because he'd be fairly open then and could get the defender to come back up to him on future possessions.

It has hardly been a case of defenders standing a metre away from Tez this year, he's been taking heavily contested outside shots (when penetration is the better option) and he's just not a good enough shooter to make them and to get the defender's respect. And don't tell me it's just luck that he's missing so many.

BTW Hill's threes are usually a result of a kick-out to him in a corner when he's wide-open. You would rarely see him take contested ones like Tez rather than penetrate.

Reply #266056 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I still don't think taking moderately contested threes (it's likely that his role in the offense wouldn't get him open like Hill, etc) is "dumb" - he's obviously been forcing things a bit trying to get confidence and on a roll.

Reply #266061 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:31 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754