Anonymous
Years ago

bogut vs. kaman/jefferson

is andrew bogut a better defender and rebounder than al jefferson and chris kaman?

Topic #22205 | Report this topic

Lachie  
Years ago

In a word, yes.

Reply #266259 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I would think so...and plus I would argue he has more upside to...

Reply #266267 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

KAMAN IS surprisingly good statistically, whereas bogut has more expectation after being number 1 pick.

Interestingly bogut is the only player in the league apart from dwight howard who averages 15+ ppg, 10+rpg and 2+bpg. Gone are the good old mid 90s when about 5 guys did it year in year out - have no stats to back it up, just a hunch.

Reply #266286 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

He's definitely better defensively than Big Al and based on what I've seen I think he is better than Kaman too. I haven't checked Kaman's effect on the Clippers defensive stats, but I did post some figures showing that Bogut has a massive effect on the Bucks defence recently. Pretty sure the Bucks are still rated better as a team on defence than the Clips this year too.

Rebounding? Pretty close between all three. All are elite level rebounders IMO.

Offensively, Jefferson is a clear winner and Kaman has an advantage over Bogut because he can make those mid-range shots at times and hits his freebies more often. Having said that, Bogut has improved dramatically this season and is not that far behind Kaman at the moment. He's definitely the most likely of the three to throw down a spectaclar dunk on someone (other two are more finesse guys but Bogut has some explosiveness if you give him a lane to the basket).

Reply #266305 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

[Thread creater]

thanks guys. i was in an argument with someone who said that kaman and jefferson are EASILY better defenders/rebounders than bogut. i thought i was going crazy for a second when i disagreed...

Reply #266307 | Report this post

bear  
Years ago

Bogut is No 10 in defensive rating - the other guys are aren't even top 20. Wins your argument right there

Reply #266349 | Report this post

tickle  
Years ago

Bogut leads the league in charges and is second (or equal second) in blocks per game. He easily wins this one.

Reply #266806 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:06 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754