Isaac
Years ago

Gilchrist ruled out for rest of season

36ers import John Gilchrist has undergone an MRI after sustaining a knee injury during last night's game against Melbourne. He'll meet with medical staff tomorrow to discuss rehab options, but the injury has ruled him out for the remainder of the NBL season.

John, best of luck with your recovery.

Topic #22206 | Report this topic

Northy  
Years ago

At least Isaac can spell his surname correctly unlike a certain player who plays for Melbourne who Twittered his surname incorrectly.
The video footage did not look good for Gilchrist. All the best for the recovery.

Reply #266249 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Cheers for the season Gilly (and the Dream Team stats).

All the best. Recover well, come play again.

Reply #266256 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

get of julius' balls, you guys are amazing!

Reply #266257 | Report this post

hanging round  
Years ago

He has no balls, but you are only 2 inches away from my opinion of Hodge!

Reply #266264 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Hope he recovers well...nobody deserves to get injured.

Reply #266266 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

"Adelaide 36ers are expecting to keep John Gilchrist"
ABC TV news just said. "After a knee injury has ruled him out for the rest of the season."

Reply #266269 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I know TV news sometimes gets it wrong , some of the time ( from memory , last year , they had Holmes gone and Cooper I think and Bruce a keeper depending on salary cap-which could've been part right.)

Anyways - reckon he's a keeper but needs a bitta discipline, which coach seems reluctant to give.
Would I be correct?

Reply #266277 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Great call 'hanging round'.

Pissweak work by the Tigers and their floorwipers. That shouldn't happen.

Best of luck Johnny.

Reply #266278 | Report this post

bear  
Years ago

Clearly the Tigers next hire should be Joey Wright as a floor wiper

Reply #266292 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Get well soon Gilly - all the best for rehab and cheers for the season.

Reply #266300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely that can't be serious that we're going to re-sign him? His return was looking unlikely before the injury and now he's gone for most of if not all of next season. Please don't tell me we gave the guy a two year deal. Groves is already essentially on a no-cut contract so surely this couldn't be true?

Reply #266309 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Are we seriously blaming the floor wipers?

There has been more than the fair share of injury/slips in Adelaide - Jason Smith's was pretty bad, was it Dmac who also had a pretty bad one?

Reply #266321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's pathetic the constant bagging of the Tigers on this forum - players slip on every court (including Adelaide's) and there's no criticism of the team.

I don't know whether it's just because of Hodge or whether there's some jealousy given the Tigers recent success but it's time to move on - sure, criticise them when there's a reason but to get on any topic and go on about them is just getting plain boring.

Reply #266324 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Bad luck Gizmo! The guy may have his flaws, but he has still been a good player for us this season. He won a few games for us earlier in the season and seems to give his all on the court.

Camel, thanks for that little piece of info about a return next season. I'd love to know what the ABC's source is!

IF it is true then it suggests to me that at this stage Ninnis is still safe for next season. If you're getting a new coach, all bets are off on the imports especially.

Of course, their source could be Ninnis himself, who would naturally be showing loyalty to the guy he hand picked!

Reply #266332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Reply #266333 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

In regards to the floor wipers, I was at the game and they were always on the floor wiping up sweat when the ball was down the other end. Just unlucky

Reply #266334 | Report this post

raytri  
Years ago

Gilchrist was accidentally tripped by Wortho, you need to watch the slowmo to see it.
Real bad luck for Gilchrist and the pain is something else. No basketballer likes seeing this type of injury.
Surely the sixers will have to get a replacement for the next 12 months or so, or perhaps cut the losses.

Reply #266353 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

The club needs to speak to Rodan & the Power Medical Staff to see if Gilly has the option of under going the new radical artifical craft rather than the traditional 12 mth recovery.

If so he could be back up & running before pre season begins.

I'd be very surprised if the club has indicated to him he'll be signed for next year.

Reply #266356 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

If we could get a DNA test I'm sure you would find that the sweat that Gilchrist slipped on belonged to Hodge.

Seriously though, he wasn't tripped by Wortho, his foot slided about 40cm on sweat that the floor wipers had plenty of time to clean up. Can't blame anyone for something like this but that sweat should've been wiped up while the ball was down the other end.

Jake, as soon as I see an athlete come back from that surgery anywhere near as good as they were before I would consider it. Malceski has been a disaster.

Reply #266406 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Port Power's David Rodan is running after 6weeks of the operation for ACL synthetic replacement.

Reply #266412 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

So was Malceski. We'll just see if he can still play. Hope he can, he's a great bloke, but I have my doubts over this surgery.

Reply #266416 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Yeah - it's all very new a lotta unknowns/untrieds about it.. ( accelerated from 12months recovery to 6 weeks .. but , how long it lasts and the like is unkown)

Reply #266417 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:11 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754