DJ Rod
Years ago

Crocs/Fire Supporters Tour coming

Hey guys

I am coming to Adelaide for the first time tomorrow as part of the Fire/Crocs Supporters Tour. There is 55-60 of us coming.

We'll be there from 12pm tomorrow, doing a wine tour before the game (might be scary!) then watching the Fire @ 5:30, then Crocs @ 7:30. Hopefully I'll be going out on the turps - any hints on places to go, post game functions etc?

We then leave Sunday lunchtime.

It would be great to meet a few of you, especially Isaac, Skip, Bizzy, Ben Fitz etc so please come up and say g'day - I always wear my M Pennisi Warm Up Top on away tour games ;)

Can we meet somewhere? Can I get a tour of the Dome? facilities etc? Anyway - can't wait to experience one of the best home crowds in Australia!

Topic #22207 | Report this topic

XztatiK  
Years ago

WTF is the Fire?

Look forward to seeing you guys at the Dome, you're all honourary Adelaidians after the way you treated Judas and a bit of opposition support should liven the place up.

Reply #266261 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

WNBL team - Townsville Fire?

Reply #266262 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Ahhh gotcha.

Reply #266280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You guys should of come to Perth instead. That would of been a great atmosphere to have 2 big rivals going at it.

Reply #266299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There's a pretty cool nightclub called the Mars Bar so you might wanna check that out.

Reply #266311 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

I'm here and have free time for the rest of the day

I gunna go check out the KB & Mahersy TV show at 6... but I NEED to find where the Villi Pies are at!

I'm gunna head down to Rundle Mall any other suggestions?

Reply #266359 | Report this post

Tru Blue Emcee  
Years ago

Good to have ya's here DJ Rod, i admire the passion for the game ya's have, See ya Saturday night!!!

P.S. I suggest you stay away from the Mars bar unless your that way inclined...lol

Reply #266374 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It's a great day, so go to the Exeter and Austral (pubs) in Rundle Street. Also, Friday evening, so should be some lively after-work drinks around the place - can't speak for all venues, but Crown & Sceptre can get busy, and the Rob Roy too (they do decent pizzas and the chicken burger is pretty good).

Other good options are - to eat: Ying Chow, Star of Siam, Star House, Chinomi, Thali Room, etc all in and around Gouger St; to go out: Sangria and Lotus Lounge (same area).

Reply #266393 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Should be able to grab a few Vili's pies at the game. I'd hit up the Bay before Rundle.

Reply #266395 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

I'm gunna go check out KB & Mahersy but on the way back going to eat at Gouger st somewhere... good advice

I'm blogging about our trip on the Crocs Website

Reply #266401 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"Other good options are - to eat: Ying Chow, Star of Siam, Star House, Chinomi, Thali Room, etc all in and around Gouger St; to go out: Sangria and Lotus Lounge (same area)."

For Japanese: Hotaru

Vietnamese: Vienam Star City

Both near the end of Gouger.

Reply #266402 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Cafe De Vilis is open 24hrs Rod so go out - get a skinful and then roll in there about 4am for a Pie and Chilli dog, If your lucky they might even have a plate of doughnut holes ready to go!

Not sure of the exact address, its in Mile End/Keswick but any decent cabbie will get you there!

Damm now Im hungry and wishing I was back in Adelaide!!

Reply #266403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what a waste the crocs fans paying to fly over.The crocs are done.No Gilchrist but the 36s will beat the crap crocs on the road to end there season

Reply #266453 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

May I say, the Crocs/Fire supporters were very well behaved tonight. You are welcome at our Dome anytime.

To the Croc supporter I met in the dunny, we tend to wash our hands after the crapper in Adelaide...

Reply #266537 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Yeah met DJ Rod during the game, supporters were very well behaved. Glad you guys came over, spewing you got the win though..

Reply #266652 | Report this post

AHMED  
Years ago

Reply #324278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #334939 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:53 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754