TR
Years ago

2010 All Star Reserves - leaked

It appears that the reserve all stars have been selected, and already leaked before the official release.

The Eastern Conference reserves also include Boston's Paul Pierce, Chris Bosh, Gerald Wallace (GO CRASH!!!) and Atlanta's Joe Johnson and Al Horford.

The Western Conference reserves also include Chris Paul, Pau Gasol, Kevin Durant, Dirk Nowitzki, Zach Randolph and Brandon Roy.

David Lee, Carlos Boozer Marc Gasol, Josh Smith and Chris Kaman are amongst the most prominent All-Star snubs.

http://linky.com.au/rgxla

Topic #22209 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

Rondo, Rose and D-Will got the nod as well.

Reply #266323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Horford!? To be an allstar reserve clearly means nothing. david lee has been better

Reply #266325 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Bogut can wait to fight another year!

Reply #266328 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

There's always going to be "snubs" since after the initial 5 that are fan picked, you are often going to have at least one player on each team in both conferences that is technically worthy of being an all star, and as Jeff Van Gundy says, if you're not on a .500+ team, you shouldn't be an allstar.

Reply #266329 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Horford clearly got in on the old 'he's on a good team' argument. IMO Bogut, Perkins and Lee all do more for their teams than Horford does. Hell, at least those other guys can play offence, which is what the All Star game is all about!

Reply #266330 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Put Josh Smith in over Al horford.

Since there's no Vinsanity this time round, you need the dunker with the mad hops.

Reply #266347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i told yous bogut had 0% chance.

and now i will tell you bogut has 0% chance to EVER be an nba all star...

Reply #266350 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Those people that think Bogut should be in there...What about Lee?!

The guy is carrying the knicks, averaging 19.4 points and 11.4 rebounds, to go with 3.4 assists. Shooting 55 % from the field and 78.5 5 from FT line.
He is top 10 in:
-Total Rebounds (4th)
-Rebounds per game (5th)
-Defensive rebounds (2nd)
-Double-Doubles (6th)
-Efficiency Ranking (5th)
-Total Efficiency Points (4th)
-Field Goal Pecentage (7th)

I would want that guy in my side, especially since he isn't on a big contract (7mil per year)
I think its a joke that he isn't in the team..He is having a better year than Garnett, Hoford, and I would say even Howard.
The guy can play..Its a shame that the system allows for fan voting..Of course guys like Garnett and Howard are going to get votes because they are the franchise players. Its not right.
If Lebron comes to NY, him and Lee to go along with Harrington will be tough to stop

Reply #266362 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I wasn't pointing out that anyone in this thread supported Bogut been an all star..Your all onto it. Just a reaction to others who feel he should be an all-star as mentioned in various other threads

Reply #266363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

david lee cant play defence....

Reply #266378 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Since when does 'defence' matter in All Star games??

Reply #266381 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

David Lee is a 6"9 undersized player who is filling the Center position for the Knicks playing 36 mins a night.
He battles night in night out against players who have at least 3 inches on him e.g. Howard, Garnett

And TR sums it up, defence is non existant in an All-Star game.
Players like Arenas, Nash and Mo Williams had all been previous selections. Read an article the other day that Arenas was one of the worst defenders in the NBA under some new statistic.

Hell, to top it off, Mehmet Okur was an all-star. He is a terrible defender, much worse than Lee

Reply #266437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

didnt realise defence doesnt matter when judging players

Reply #266447 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Ah it clearly does. Thats why Kobe Bryant is the best player in the NBA. He gets it done on both sides of the floor.

My point is that if your going to say that Lee doesn't deserve an All-Star position, then players like Horford, Randolph and Howard don't deserve selection either. Howard is a terrible defender....Sure he might block shots but he gets into severe foul trouble early on in ball games and has to sit till the 2nd half.Seen it heaps of times.

Reply #266466 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Nice trolling attempt anon...

I said "when does defence matter in All Star games". Playing defence means jacksh*t in All Star games, it's almost taboo.

On that note, when was a last player that was selected to an All Star purely for defence, or known as a defensive stopper with a garbage offensive game. The last name I can think off is Ben Wallace.

All Star games are purely for offensive orientated players.

IMO Lee got screwed over, especially since Horford got the gig over him.

Reply #266478 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:29 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754