E
Years ago

NBL Player Points Ratings ???? What The??

Found this list of player point ratings on the NBL website, surely these cant be accurate.

Does anybody have an up to date player rating list?

http://www.nbl.com.au/fileadmin/user_upload/_temp_/Player_rankings_for_2009-10_as_at_25_June_2009.htm

Topic #22246 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Which values are you querying in particular?

Reply #266969 | Report this post

E  
Years ago

THOMAS ABERCROMBIE
CHRIS GOULDING
PAORA WINITANA
LUKE MARTIN

all have a lower points rating than

DAVID COOPER
BRAD HILL etc etc

surely the above 4 are all better than david cooper

who comes up with the player rating?

JACOB HOLMES is rated an 8.

surely his rating has to go down if he is to remain a sixer.

Reply #266971 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

On another matter - Isaac and E..
Back in June - I mentioned about Maher being 9 now there's no more loyality, while AFL E.G have vetrans list and Maher would've been handy with mental collapses in the 4th here - While Molitor - Maher (or Davidson - well that's another issue perhaps re U23.

Reply #266976 | Report this post

E  
Years ago

yeah Maher on a vetran list at say half the points value would have been awesome this year!

I dont see any consistancy with any of the ratings.

Who decides a Player Rating?

Is it you Isaac?

Reply #267010 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I think it maybe Basketball Australia deciding player ratings.
The ole NBL (from memory) rated Maher 10 , but 5 if he played for the 36er - club loyalty.
But BA did away with that - and , also -
thought we'd seen enough of some of the old players going around - time for something new.

Reply #267015 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

I actually wasn't aware of the loyalty rule changing but there you go!

E, with the guys you mentioned, Goulding and Abercrombie are 1s because of their past (development players, they had never done anything before this year), you can't rate a player on potential, it should be as objective as possible.

I'm not a fan of the system at all, but I don't think your examples are too surprising. Hill should be over Winitana and Martin, while Coop is about even.

Reply #267024 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:25 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754