G
Years ago

Breakers v Hawks

I don't know whether you could say that the Breakers were sensational tonight or that the Hawks were just horrible to watch. Any team in the League would have beaten the Hawks tonight they were that bad. Hope they bounce back for the game against the Blaze to keep the Breakers out of the playoffs.

Topic #22253 | Report this topic

Bill  
Years ago

Yes it was almost like "Move aside Hawks! Let a real team into the playoffs".
Breakers exposed Hawks every which way, especially on ball pressure and the Martin boys looked decidedly average.
Hawks offensive execution was pitiful.
We have to win remaining two and Hawks have to drop 2 of 3 for Breakers to qualify.
At this pointyou would have to say it would be a tragedy if Hawks qualify, but it looks like they might fall in.

Reply #267018 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Bill
saying its a tragedy for Hawks to qualify is absurd. They are the only team to put their heart and soul into their games and proven what you can achieve on 75% of the cap and an almost certain demise of the club one year ago. They deserve every reward they can get out of this season for what they have put into it. Good luck to the Hawks.

Reply #267023 | Report this post

peter  
Years ago

yeah let a real team into the playoffs, one that won the series 3 - 1. oh um... that is the hawks. tosser.

Reply #267027 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Agreed EC,they have had a hell of a year, but at the business end of things they come in as a lame duck semi finalist and are unlikely to offer much whoever they go up against.
No dispute though they have earned the right to be there.

Reply #267038 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

if the Hawks continue to play like that, they will be cannon fodder in the playoffs.
Breakers may be a case of 2 little 2 late but fingers crossed

Reply #267040 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The Hawks, over the season, have been great, but I have seen two utter capitulations recently v NZ and Melbourne. Without McKee they arent playoff quality and I would prefer to see a team with a chance of winning the title qualify.

It's a shame, would have been a great story if McKee hadnt got injured or if they could have afforded to replace him.

Reply #267041 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bruton's 5 steals were pretty key in that game. One of his better performances this year I thought and he's looking a lot sharper than earlier in the season.

Reply #267073 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He certainly looked sharper than he has for some time, disrupting on defence and getting into the lane on offence. Not sure I'd agree it was one of his better games, he has had some big ones this year, particularly when Penney was out.

Reply #267084 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:45 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754