Wayne
Years ago

Is Jawai back?

Is Jawai back in the states?

Had a DNP today.

So did Andersen, which is a bit of a surprise given he has been doing so well.

And Patty scores 1 point!!

Thinking this afternoon I have never looked at box scores so dilligently.

Topic #22266 | Report this topic

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

Nate is back in the Twin Cities.

He has been sitting on the bench (in trakkies) the last couple of games I have seen. So - there's your answer. Minny have been playing pretty well lately (4 game streak), so i'd expect him to stat getting some burn (both for his own development (i think Rambis genuinely sees something there - i agree) - and the second half tankathon).

Reply #267222 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

andersen doing well? he cant defend or outrebound a chair...

Reply #267227 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Not sure how bad an injury but Love left the game today i think it was with a knee issue, maybe he might get some minutes if it puts him out for a game or tow.

Reply #267244 | Report this post

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

Love was fine.

But i am sure they will sit him out as a "precaution" (and for some other stuff ;)).

Reply #267247 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

"andersen doing well? he cant defend or outrebound a chair..."

Averaging 12minutes per game hes avg'd 3.8 rebounds per game. Bogut averaging 32mins per game avg's 8.7rbs per game.

For a shorter, thinner player your comment seems to mean shit. Infact one of the only things hes behind Bogut on is points per game, but Bogut would have specific plays run for him so thats expected.

Reply #267259 | Report this post

M0PPA  
Years ago

Skud, you're on drugs. If Andersen was any good he'd be starting for the Rockets! The Rockets start a 6'8" center ahead of him!!

Reply #267348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought Chuck Hayes was 6'6"??

Reply #267400 | Report this post

M0PPA  
Years ago

Yeah, he is 6'6", my bad.

Also, I didn't get a chance to add that Bogut actually avg's over 10 rebs per game and for Andersen to match Boguts production he would need:

- 40 minutes per game to get 15.8ppg
- 44 minutes to get the 10.1 rpg
- 148 minutes to get the 2.1 bpg
- 44 minutes to get the 0.56 spg
- 38 minutes to get the 2 apg

The reason Andersen is not getting any extra minutes is that he is a terrible defender, he shoots only 0.426 from the field and 0.279 from beyond the arc.

Andersen's numbers per 48 minutes are worse than Bogut's right across the board, with the exception of 3pt F/G. Andersen actually almost gets the same amount of shots up per 48 minutes as Bogut does, regardless "of plays being run for him", so it's not through lack of trying on his part.

Reply #267428 | Report this post

bear  
Years ago

M0PPA 1 Skud 0 - on the Bogut comparison anyway

Reply #267440 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:50 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754